Thursday, December 4, 2008

I didn't kill my yeast...

the second time!! I did the first time I tried today...but not the second!!!! The rolls turned out fabulous! The first time I have ever made rolls and they are delicious!! I did learn though that I need to make the rolls a little tighter, some came undone as they were rising and baking. They looked a little funny but tasted great!! Here are my homemade crescent rolls I made all by myself {drum roll}... I want to thank Jonna at "Get Off Your Butt and Bake" for sharing all her yummy and tasty recipes. She puts in a lot of hard word and time to share all the wonderful things she makes and finds. The "Ranch Pasta Hamburger" was also a huge hit at dinner. I'm going to post that recipe on our cooking blog. It's one of our new favorites!! It was a busy day and those are my favorite! Got alot accomplished and we even found the squirt bottle ~ I knew it would show up as soon as I bought another one ~ and sure enough, Hannah found it shoved into one of their purses!! So tomorrow morning should go much smoother!! Hannah gets to go on a field trip to see the Nutcracker Ballet and Justin has his first basketball game tomorrow afternoon! Jace is taking art in school and really liking it! Here's a picture he drew today...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is on on ABC family and Halle is glued to the TV! This girl is obsessed with chocolate! Her favorite treat is a Hershey Chocolate Bar! And when the beginning of the movie starts it shows them making chocolate bars and she was licking her lips and said..."oh mom, I would love all that chocolate!" and she hasn't moved since the movie started!! The new version is so-so, Johhny Depp is a little freaky in it {but dress him up in a pirate suit and he can have my "booty" any day ~ wink,wink}! Off to put the little ones to bed and go read the Reader's Digest! Another busy day tomorrow! So thankful for...1) we found the squirt bottle 2) my rolls turned out 3) we found a new family favorite for dinner and remember... "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."- Norman Vinciet Peale .

1 comment:

Jonna said...

So glad your rolls turned out. They look delicious! One thing that I make sure to do, before placing them on the cookie sheet, is to make sure that the end tail, is completely tucked under the roll, when placing on the cookie sheet....that way they don't unfold on you! Thanks Chris....for trying out my recipes.