Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Just for you...

had a little more "green" fun this morning...made the kids some green pancakes and green milk. A friend colored her toilet water green which I wish I would have done {though when the boys wake up they usually pee with their eyes closed cause the light is "so bright" and they are still in the zombie stage of sleep, the floor around my toilet proves it, so they probably wouldn't have seen it, I wish they'd wake up a little more before they go pee ~ oh well!} They were surprised and all wore green to school ~ though Justin's green was subtle and the boys wouldn't let me draw a shamrock on their cheek {I hate that they are growing up} the girls let me draw a shamrock and they were decked out in green and shamrocks from head to toe..and did I get a picture? NO! Here's the lads and lassies at breakfast ~ just barely awake and somewhat dressed...and our green breakfast... Even John wouldn't let me draw a shamrock on his cheek, party pooper {wink,wink}! I love all holidays and celebrate each one in some fun way! Next we get to celebrate Hal's b~day! Her is so excited! Off to "pick-up" a kid, "whip-up" some dinner, "clean-up" the bathroom that has about 60 naked Barbie's cause Halle had them all in the sink "swimmin" this afternoon, and then collapse into bed and read my magazine! So thankful for...1) we might {emphasize MIGHT} have found a car ~ cross your fingers and piggies it works out ~ I hate takin' John to work so early in the morning! I am sooo not a morning person ~ grrrr! 2) I sold some sandals on eBay ~ made a little {emphasize little} bit of cash 3) found a yummy cheesecake recipe I can have on my diet ~ sooo yummy! AND I {pinch} you if you're not wearin' green {wink,wink}!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE the shamrock green pancakes! I can't believe those boys - sheesh! I was kinda a party pooper today too, I think I could have used a shamrock on my cheeck!

Jonna said...

I needed a Shamrock as well. I especially love the tired looking children eating breakfast...except for Halle...she had a smile! You are such a great mom.

Anonymous said...

so fun!! I think I was still burnt out from all the Valentine's day fun we had...green shirts is as festive as we got!! :) you are great...so creative! Miss you guys!

Jolene said...

Wow! You've got skills with the pancakes. I could pull off the green but I'd probably have to tell my family that they were supposed to be shamrocks. Love it. By the way, what makes you think that my house hasn't gone to hell in a handbasket? I'm learning (very slowly) that I gotta take a little time for myself or my head starts to spin like that girl from Exorcist. Or at least that's what I've heard. I'm way too big of a sister to watch anything scarier than Scooby Doo. Thanks for your sweet words on my blog. I never imagined I would be feeding hungry kids. Sometimes the Lord's plans for you just come at you from the clear blue and Backpack is one of those times for me. I'm still in amazement at how big of an issue hungry kids are in little Idaho Falls, ID. You are so cool! I'm amazed by you and all you do. I love being able to keep in touch a little more. You help me be a better mom. PLUS...you are DANCING! So cool. Love ya!
Jolene

Mandie said...

Happy St. Patty's Day! Love the pancakes you are so creative. Hope you get your car!