Thursday, April 30, 2009
It's official...
my baby can drive! He passed his written test Tuesday and then passed the skills test yesterday! He was so excited! Don't you remember the day you got your license? I remember exactly what I was wearing, how nervous I was, I wanted to drive dad's blue Ford, and I drove to my friend Kristi's house! I was so scared...yet so excited!! Justin drove out to Grandma Russell's house last night and mowed and trimmed her lawn! I bought him a cheesecake in town and wrote "Yeah! You did it!" on it and surprised him!! And of course had to get a picture...
Then this morning he was up bright and early, showered, shaved {yes my baby shaves}, and was all ready. So he woke Jace up and him and J went and got some donuts!
Look at them good boys wearin' their seat belts!! He drove to school and had permission to drive to lunch! After school John, Jace, Halle, and I drove down town and parked in a parking lot that's on his way home just to get another peek at him drivin'! We were sittin' there waitin' for him to drive by when he called and asked if he could give Lindee a ride home! Who lives in the country! I told him as long as they wear their seat belts and he uses his head! There he is...waiting for the light to turn green, so far so good...
going through an intersection all by himself...
John is going to let him drive a little ways to Salt Lake, I'll hang out in the back and watch movies with the kids! Though when we get home John and I are going to set some ground rules and the consequences that will follow if they are broken! I know I tend to "overdue" stuff with all the pictures and following him around {I told Jace in the car while we were waiting...look what he gets to look forward too} but they are still so many "firsts" in Justin's life and I am so glad he willingly let's his dad and I be a part of them! I started to cry when I was talking on the phone to John the other day cause as mad as Justin makes me sometimes with his stupid remarks and teasing his brother and sisters...this driving thing is just one more step he's taking away from not needing me and his dad! One more step toward not needing his mommy {boo-hoo}!! But I guess that's my job in this life...teaching my baby bird to fly! But this mama will constantly be on her knees prayin' every time he is gone!! On another note... I wanted to do a give away on my 200th post, well this is actually my 206th post! I'm always a day late and a dollar short ~ sooo my next post I'm havin' a give away in honor of my 200th post!! What is it you may ask? Well I don't know! But I'm headin' to Utah this weekend and will keep my eye out for something fun! So thankful for... 1) havin' another driver ~ Justin just left to go get his sister from play practice ~ how nice is that 2) again...headin' to Utah for some fun 3) and again...headin' to Utah for some fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chris...you crack me up! Always! I know if I need a good laugh, that I should read your blog. Following him around, to watch him drive...now that's good. Why didn't I think of that?? Have fun in Utah. Happy shopping!
Wow! I remember when he was born. I can't believe that sweet baby boy shaves and drives. Time flies! Have fun in Utah!
Jolene
Post a Comment