*Songs by Debbie Gibson still haunt you to this day ~ {John had a HUGE crush on her with a big poster of her on his wall when we first met}
*You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool, was there an 80's movie she WASN'T in? ~ {sooo wanted to kiss Jake Ryan in Sixteen Candles...sigh, and member
"what's a happenin' hot stuf"}
*You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless hours ~ {still catch a re-run here and there}
*You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock
*You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once.
*You were shocked and horrified at the Challenger explosion, which you were probably watching in school at the time ~ {I was in the 7th grade}
*You know what "Sike" means
*You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off." ~ {was so in love with Ralph Macchio}
*You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer"
*You had Kool-Aid in every flavor and color
*You have ever called 867-5309 ~ {Jenny I need your number}
*You inserted the word "like" into, like, every sentence ~ {sometimes still do}
*You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt ~ {still have mine}
*You had a poster of Rob Lowe, Kirk Cameron, or Michael J. Fox on your wall
*The first time you ever kissed someone at a dance fell during "Crazy for You" by Madonna
*You know who Mr. T is. (What's my name fool!)
*You know who Fat Albert is. ~ {Hey! Hey! Hey!}
*You ever wore fluorescent, neon clothing. (Every color!) ~ {and socks and scrunchie to match} *You ever wore the "hypercolor" shirts that changed color from hot pink to orange when ever you stood in the sun or got hot!
*You could breakdance, or wish you could. ~ {I can still moonwalk}
*You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween ~ {no but I was Wonder Woman}
*You begged your mom to get you Gizmo for your birthday or Christmas
*You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!" ~ {had a little bro who had ALL these guys}
*Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away
*You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye
*For the girls... you wore your hair on the side of your head and you wore your L.A. Brats.
*You wanted to be on Star Search ~ {still do}
*You can remember Michael Jackson when he was black
*You wore a banana clip at some point during your youth ~ {I even think I was still wearin' one in the early 90's}
*You remember the garbage pail kids, and owned some ~ {glad those went away}
*You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout"
*You knew "Rut row raggy" and "Zoinks"
*You HAD to have your MTV. (they ACTUALLY played videos??)
*You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie ~ {soooo wanted to "dirty dance" with Patrick Swayze}
*You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system ~ {had one}
*You owned only cassettes
*You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
*You remember and/or owned any of the Care Bear Glass collection from Pizza Hut or the Muppets glasses from McDonalds
*Poltergeist freaked you out ~ {still does}
*You knew who Ben Stein was before you could win his money, "Bueller?"
*You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins, ET, Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, Strawberry Shortcake or A-Team lunch box.
*You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf ~ {not till now}
*You know what leg warmers are and probably had a pair ~ {several}
*You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish
*You wore your Izod shirt with the collar flipped up
*You had a Swatch Watch with the Swatch Guard ~ {no but wanted one real bad}
*Your Legos collection started with the free sets in a Happy Meal
*You remember when Happy Meals came in a box, not a paper bag
*You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny
*You had Wonder Woman or Superman underoos
*You know what a "Push Up" ice cream is
*You had to come in the house when the street lights came on
*You had to change into play clothes after school ~ {and I make my kids change too}
*You owned, or knew somebody with a Commodore 64 ~ {had one}
*You hated Scrappy Doo ~ {not really, did you hate him?}
*You recorded songs off the radio with your boom box ~ {on cassettes}
*You wish you had a light saber
*Somehow you still know all the words to songs played on VH1's "Big 80's"
*Your arm was full of rubber bracelets ~ {in every color}
*You have ever said, "Gag me with a spoon"
*You have ever wondered what happened to Saturday morning cartoons
*You had to get up to change the channel
*You can still sing 1 to 12 from the Pinball machine on Sesame Street.
*You thought the "Thriller" video was pretty cool ~ {so cool}
*You remember the first time you went into a video store to rent a movie
*You wore those wide, colorfull shoelaces ~ {I had rainbow ones}
*Quiet Riot's "Come on feel the noise" was the best song - ever ~ {still is isn't it? ROCK ON!!}
*You know where "I want my two dollars" came from ~ {no I don't}
*Yo still cannot go in to the water because of that damn movie - Jaws
*El Debarge's "Get a beat to the Rythem of the night" plagued the radio every hour
You owned a pair of parachute pants ~ {loved mine}
*You remember life before minivans and SUVs
*You've recently horrified yourself by using any one of the following phrases:
"When I was younger"
"When I was your age"
"You know, back when..."
"Because I SAID so, that's why"
"What the HECK is this noise on the radio?"
"Just can't (fill in the blank) like I used to"
If you can identify with at least half of this list then you, my friend, are a "Child of the 80's." Now, how old do you feel? ; )
5 comments:
Okay I'm feeling very, very OLD!
So funny....and you haven't seen Better off Dead? "I want my two dollars" My Care Bear glass is still around here somewhere!
Oh dear!!!! I am DEFINATLY an 80s child! Too funny!
Oh dear!!!! I am DEFINATLY an 80s child! Too funny!
That was LIKE hilarious... oh I am LIKE for sure an 80's child... LIKE gag me with a spoon! LIKE thanks for the laugh! I LIKE needed that~
Post a Comment