Oakleigh Noel Carter
July 22, 2009
2:48 p.m.
6 lbs. 12 oz.
19 inches
Proud parents…
Blake and Shannon Carter
Isn’t her beautiful? It was such a neat day yesterday! Blake called me at 5:21 a.m. yesterday saying they were at the hospital. So I got up, cleaned the house, got ready, got the girls ready, and had Justin take the girls to John’s mom on his way to golf. We spent most of the day at the hospital, talkin’, laughin’, {we did sneak off for a quick for lunch at Cafe Rio, yum} waiting in anticipation for this little angel to arrive! Around 2:00 things started to happen…we were sitting in the waiting room and all of a sudden I said listen…they were playing “Lullaby” over the sound system {they do this every time a baby is born} and a few seconds later out walks Blake crying saying, “she’s here!!” Everyone starts crying, hugs and congratulations are all around. We wait in the hall a few minutes longer, listen to her healthy little lungs tellin’ us…”I’m here” before getting to see Oakleigh! She is a beauty! I can’t beleive my little brother is a daddy! Him and Shannon are going to be great parents! I am so proud of the both of them! Blake was so nervous and Shannon was amazing! I can’t wait to hold and smell and love on this little lady! I am taking the girls up later today ~ they are just about dying to see their new little girl cousin! Hannah and Halle are so excited to finally have another girl in the family!! So I best get goin’…I’m still sittin’ in my bath robe! So thankful for…1) the miracle that we call “baby” 2) everything went ok yesterday, no major complications 3) Shannon, Blake, and Oakleigh…what a special family they are ~ we love them so much! {The pictures were takin’ by Shannon’s sister Chantri. She is an amazing photographer. Check out her website!!}
3 comments:
She is gorgeous... holy cow! What a beautiful baby! I am so excited for Blake and Shannon. You have got to tell them congrats for me! What an exciting time! Blake is going to be the best dad ever! What a neat experience for both of them
Oh my heck...she is beautiful!! I can't belive Blake is a dad!! :) What an adorable newborn...adorable name...how fun!! Tell them congrats from me! How exciting to have been there!!
How exciting for them! Those newborn pics and stories always bring tears to my eyes!
Post a Comment