Friday, July 17, 2009

My kinda summer...

it's been a very relaxing, laid back few days! Justin bought himself a golf pass to all three golf courses and is lovin' every minute of it! The other day he played 18 holes with Jace, then played another 18 with his friend! Him and Kabe were the last ones on the course and the guy was like "C'mon boys...time to close"! He went the next day and played another 18! He loves that golf!! He left for High Adventure Thursday which will consist of boating at Palisades for two days, golfing at Heise, and Pizza Hut on the way home!! Let me tell ya...it doesn't get any better than that for that kid!! I just hope he isn't gettin' eatin' alive by mosquitoes!! He gets home tomorrow then Jace leaves Monday for scout camp! Halle has learned to ride her bike ~ FINALLY!! She would cry and bawl as she was riding up and down the street saying..."I can't do it! I can't do it!", but she was doing it! I kept telling her she is going to love knowing how to ride her bike and she would say..."no, I will never" as tears rolled from her eyes and snot from her nose! Well last night on our nightly two-mile bike ride her said..."Mom, you were right, this is the best ever! I love riding my bike." We now just have to work on starting by her self and STOPPING! But I am so proud of her...We've also enjoyed a dinners on the deck in the cool summer evenings...even having "breakfast" for dinner one night! John got his bow out and was shootin'! He enjoys shooting so much! I love to sit and watch him, and Halle loves to get his arrows out of the target!We'll be celebrating our 18th anniversary next week and I've been kinda down lately just for different reasons, no matter who comes and goes in my life or what happens, John is my rock, he is my one and only true friend! He is a constant in my life, he doesn't ask that I act a certain way or say certain things in order for him to like me or want to be with me! I literally get short of breath when I think of how blessed I am to be John's wife! After 20 years together, when I see him do certain things, like shoot, him walking in the door from work, watching him mow the lawn or work around the house, or just laying next to him in bed, anything, I just can't even comprehend the love I have for this man! He loves me ~ through all my mood swings, demands, baby fits, nagginess, to quote Martina McBride {who sings one of my favorite songs}... "My baby loves me just the way that I am!" And he's the best father! Love you John!Okay...I'll jump off my soap box! Went to Ross Park again yesterday with Mandie and her kids! The kids each took a friend and had a blast! Left the camera at home! But we stayed there for about 4 hours! Halle loves the kiddie pool and I could float in that lazy river all day! We hope to go down a few more times! And finally, I put the touches on our summer "white trashiness"! Got the air conditioner hangin' out our front bedroom window and finally got the tinfoil put up on the back doors since it's supposed to get into the upper 90's this weekend! The house stays pretty cool, as long as the kids keep the door shut! I embrace my "white trash" side...we yell at our kids when the windows are wide open, our kids yell at us, our kids fight, we listen to loud music, I can burp the ABC'c, Wal-Mart is my one stop shop, more than once I've caught the kids drinkin' outta of the milk carton, and we could clothe and feed a small country with all the crap stuffed and dropped in the couches! I looked up all of our names on a white trash name generator ~ let me introduce you to "The Tucker's" {our white trash names}, dad-Bo, mom-LeAnn, oldest son-Dale, second oldest son-Duke, our daughter-Ellie Mae, and our youngest daughter-Tammy Lee So thankful for...1) John has four days off 2) going to Subway and eatin' at the park for dinner 3) lovin' summer! Love to ya all! Bo, LeAnn, Dale, Duke, Ellie Mae, and Tammy Lee Tucker!

7 comments:

Shayna said...

That is a lot of golf... is he trying to become the next Tiger. Cameron would love to play that much. He is lucky and happy if he gets a game in a week. I remember teaching Derek how to ride his bike. He was a tropper... we told he even if he fell he couldn't give up. That you fall in life, you just have to get up and get back on the bike. He had some pretty nasty wrecks but he did it... got back on that bike! FUN FUN FUN

Jessica said...

Way to go Halle on the bike! That is GREAT!
Dinner outside sounds wonderful - not too sure about breakfast for dinner though, because that is nasty. I don't know why but I have never liked breakfast for dinner. I really don't even like breakfast for breakfast! I know, call me crazy!
I think we need to hook up one day. Seth and John would get along so well. They both LOVE their bows that is for sure! And way to go John for being "the ROCK". I think that is great and loved reading your feelings about your husband. Here's to 18 you two!
OH AND, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Ellie Mae! Seriously, that might be my next girls name! I know, it is from the Beverly Hillbillies but I just LOVE it!

Thank you Chris, for your sweet sweet comments. You ALWAYS make me smile. I seriously just love you - and we have NEVER met!
Have a great weekend!

Colette said...

Yeah Halle, way to go learning how to ride your bike. Sounds like you are enjoying every minute of summer at your house. Don't you love being able to eat outside and enjoy the evening. We've been doing that a lot lately too. We went camping last weekend at Palisades. Learned a new trick, well actually got an email a while back from a coworker, to spray Listerine around your campground, picnic tables, etc. Don't spray it on you just around the area to keep away the mosquitos. Guess what it worked. We got one or two bites when we left camp but it worked great. Plain old ordinary flavor worked the best. They should have bottled it up and sold it for a good price. Not only did we keep away a whole bunch of mosquitos but we were fresh and minty too.

Janiel said...

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

Janiel said...

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

Janiel said...

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

Allison said...

Chris~Hello, hello, hello!!! Keri Payne gave me your blog address. I am so excited to get back in touch with you. My e-mail is allielarsen@msn.com. Your family is so cute!!! Man, where did the years go??? Anyhow, I hope to hear from you soon!!!
Love, Allison