Friday, August 28, 2009

I have a problem...

I have gone against everythingI did not like about Facebook...and joined Facebook!! The reason why?? This... I am totally addicted!! {And I finally got to meet up with my bestest childhood friend ever Wednesday and she "pressured" me into getting on Facebook ~ just kidding Allie! I have loved talking with you again and I'll admit it is kinda fun and a great way to stay in touch with you! Good luck with your bread! I want the recipe!} But before I got my own Facebook I was running my boys' farm on their Facebook and they were like..."mom, can you get your own farm?" I am planting crops, plowing, planting, and harvesting and am saving to buy another farm! I have only lost one crop of strawberries cause I didn't get 'em picked only cause it was like midnight and I was tired and they weren't going to be ready for another few hours! I love to organize my farm! Now instead of wasting 23.7% of my day on blogs...I know waste 33.3% of day day on blogs and Facebook!! I swore I would never get a Facebook! Felt too much like high school...having to invite friends and waiting to see if they "accepted" or "ignored" you! Plus everything I wanted to say I would say here and it's really never that interesting any awayand most of the time I really don't know what to say! But I love my farm and therefore had to get a Facebook!! My sister, brother, Allison, and my boys are my neighbors! And I've invited a few more! If you have a Facebook and a farm...come be my neighbor!! So there it is...I'm an addict to all things blogging and Facebook! If you know of a support group I could join please let me know!! And just so you know I do all my "farming" and "blogging" when 1) the kids are all at school and my chores are done 2) they are either at football or outside playing with friends and 3) they are all fed and snuggled tightly in their beds! Be back later with kiddo updates! Off to take the dog to Halle's school for show and tell! She had to take something that started with the letters A,B,C,D,E or F...
So Abby the Dog covers two of the letters!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I have heard how addicting that farming can be....haven't even checked it out for that very reason. Now you have me intrigued...Hmm...do i do it or not?

Colette said...

Okay I can TOTALLY sympathize. I got on Facebook to help my husband with his class reunion and in the meantime got a farm on Farmville and Farm Town and I've seriously got an addiction problem. I plant my crops based on what is going on the next day, if it is busy I plant watermelon cause it'll wait for three days. HELLO!! I'll have to find you on Facebook and invite you to be my friend and my neighbor on Farmville. I've even started to bribe myself with, "if you get the kitchen cleaned up after dinner and the kids get to bed you can play for an hour". YUP, it is a serious problem. Only bad thing last night I deleted my house on Farmville. Harleigh was working on homework and I was at the computer close by for questions. Well I clicked while I was looking the other way and deleted my $60,000 cottage, you would have thought it was my "real" house I worked so hard for that little cottage and now I've got a lot of crops to raise before I'll earn another one. I kept looking for an undo button. I also have been neglecting my blogging because those crops have got to be harvested. Seriously this is as bad as my Diet Pepsi addiction. If you find counseling for the problem, let me know we'll go together!! Have a great weekend and I can't wait to read what the kids have been up to! Oh, by the way I checked out your cooking/recipe blog and thanks for the great recipes!!

Jolene said...

Okay, I am clueless about 1)Facebook and 2)the Facebook Farm dealio but people are telling me to join up. I'm with you on the whole feels like high school thing. I don't go to my reunions so do I really need to have one daily? Not sure about that. Can't handle the rejection I guess. Plus if I have to wait till my chores are done, I'll lose my farm. I can't seem to get it together as well as you. You are the MOTY (mother of the year) candidate as far as I'm concerned. Nice to see you the other day. One day, I will run into you with my hair done.
Jolene

Allison said...

I am so sorry that I dragged you into facebook . . . but we are even because I swore I would never farm!!!! LOL

It was so awesome to see you the other day! I can't wait to see you again and meet the entire crew!!!

Thanks for being you!!!!