Sunday, November 22, 2009

Festival of Trees...

is where different businesses and organizations around the community of Idaho falls decorate trees and then auction them off to benefit the Developmental Workshop! I have always wanted to go so this year me, Jace, Hannah, Halle met my sisters, their kids, and my mom {Justin had football and John was working}!! It was fun!! It was crowded! Santa was there and Halle told him what she wanted...which I wasn't able to hear cause we were getting yelled at by the picture lady for taking pictures of Santa with our own camera, she said there was signs posted everywhere but I truly didn't see them and I was afraid of getting thrown out of the Festival of Trees or that they would confiscate my camera so I put my camera away! They had a little treasure hunt where you had to find about 20 different items in the different trees and then got a "treat" from Santa's workshop which was a candy cane! They had some really pretty trees! I always thought it would be nice to decorate my tree and then put a big bag over it, decorations and all, and have a spot where I could store it all year long {not a real fan of decorating the tree, love it when it's done, but hate doing it}! After that we headed to Joann's to get some fabric for Jace! He's taking Teen Living this year and is really liking it! They are sewing Christmas stockings and he wanted one out of Boise Sate material! He's already made a pillow case and they are going to be making a foot pillow, a backpack, and some pajama bottoms! Maybe when he's all done he can teach his mom to sew!! Justin is all done with football! They took state this year!! The freshman, JV, and varsity were all undefeated this year! I'll post more on that later!! Well best go clean up Sunday dinner dishes...apparently no one else is!! So thankful for...1) the beautiful white snow that has fallen and turned everything into a winterwonderland 2) a warm home with heat 3) a great pork roast that turned out so moist it fell apart and was all juicy and yummy {usually my roasts are more like jerky}!

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Chris..you are the cutest ever! The pictures are so beautiful and help put us in the Christmas mood. I couldn't help but laugh at the pictures of your yard...that happened to us this summer. What a mess! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!