Just returned about a week ago from a FABULOUS 10 day vacation with the family to California! And when I say FABULOUS...I mean FAB~U~LOUS!!! I am just recovering from gettin' everything put away, laundry done, and getting back into the groove of being home! But before I journal our trip there are a few things I need to get caught up on!! Before leaving for California Jace, Hannah, and Halle had started playing baseball, softball, and t-ball! Jace had been playing for a few months but the girls started the first of June and missed about a week of games! Here's a few highlights of each of my players...
JACE
had a great season...1 home run and several double and triple hits! He mainly plays first base and does an awesome job!! When Jace bats he either knocks it outta the park or strikes out! He really has some power behind his swing!!
this was Hannah's second year of softball but her first ear of pitching. She was the only 10 year old that could get it over the plate! She did awesome!




HALLE
this was Halle's second year of t-ball and her loved it!! She is getting really good at hitting and is a super fast runner!!




We brought the California sunshine back with us and the weather is getting hot and sunny and we are loving it! We are getting settled into our summer routine! Halle started swim lessons, Justin is working and saving for a truck, Jace has been going to weights and mowing grandma's lawn and the girls have been playing and eating ALOT of popsicles!! John...well he was the reason we all were able to take an awesome vacation! I have to journal his latest crash {even though I said I wouldn't} but I showed all his other ones I could not NOT show this latest one!! But first a little preface...whenever the boys are out doing something John looks at them and says...."let me give that a try!" {First mistake} then he jumps on the bike or rip-stick and crashes and cuts him self all up!! Well when we were in Huntington Beach {where I plan to retire and become a little old lady with brown raisin skin living on the beach} Justin bought a long board...fast forward to the Monday after we got home!! John grabbed Justin's long board, told Jace to grab his long board {he got one too} and told the girls and I to get on on our bikes and let's go for a little ride!! He was doin' awesome {and looking totally hot by the way} till he decided to go down the sidewalk at the elementary school and long story short...biffed it bad!!! I watched the whole thing happen in slow motion and it just made my belly hurt when he got up and I saw his arm and hand!! This picture is three days after
the "incident"...
Looks waaaay worse in real life! He got back up on it Sunday ~ he doesn't let a few scratches stop him ~ but now his heel and ball of his foot is getting sore from pushing on the ground to make himself go!!! Oh the woes of getting old!!! He's going to be the long boarding old man going up and down the boardwalk on the beach while I sun bathe when we are old!!! So thankful for...1) John is healing 2) even though we enjoy baseball season...glad it's over so we can just be lazy 3) love the hot weather we are having
3 comments:
HOW FUN! I love all the great pictrures of the kids and baseball!
John really got himself! OUCH...
Can't wait to see all the pictures of your vacation! I have been trying to convince Shan to post, but I will be lucky if she does! I am glad that you had such a fabulous time. So glad your back to posting!!! I have missed you.
OUCH! It is so hard for them to admit that they aren't as young as the kids. I've had to forbid my husband from a few "youthful" activities after he's had to have surgery for them!! He can NO longer jump on a trampoline and I cringe when he plays baseball and thinks he has to slide into base. Can't wait to see the California pictures and so glad you had a great time!!
You just must tell us all about your trip! I want to live vicariously through your photos and story!! How fun! well, except for Johns incident.
Post a Comment