Woke up bright and early and headed for Las Vegas! We stopped in St. George for a bite to eat and rolled into Vegas about 3:00 in the afternoon! It was hot...
and it felt sooo good...
we drove by the famous pawn shop from the show "Pawn Stars" and the boys had plans to go but by the time we got checked into our hotel they were closed. They are only open until 4 and the boys didn't quite make it...
We stayed at the Golden Nugget...
The kids were excited because they wanted to swimming!!! So we parked, got unloaded, and headed to the pool!! The have a water slide at the pool but what was really cool is that in one section the tube was clear and it went through a shark tank! Not really sure who it is going through tank in the pictures but I do know it's someone in our family! I think the first one is Jace, then Tanner, then Justin...

They had a pool surrounding the tank and we spent a few hours in the pool until everyone started getting hungry...

Now before we left on vacation we told the kids we weren't going to spend alot on food by eating out at big fancy restaurants every night which the kids totally agreed with! Maybe once or twice cause we basically has four adults to feed and if ya go some where fancy it can get expensive real fast!!! So no one knew where they wanted to go but decided on the Rain Forest Cafe in the MGM! John and I looked for a McDonald's or something but never found one so we went to the Rain Forest Cafe... 


It was ok...and just for the record, it ended up being our most expensive meal of the trip ~ $126.30!! Granted Justin ordered ribs, Hannah didn't order off the kids meal, and the kids got $3.50 non-refillable bottles of root beer {another lesson learned....when you order a root beer make sure it doesn't come in the bottle...those are expensive and non-refillable!!} We loaded up in our cars and went to drive the strip...
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
June 11th, 2010 ~ Vegas baby!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh..I'm excited to see pictures of your big family trip. Keep posting Chris - I don't think Shannon ever blogs!
Ditto on the Rainforest Cafe. Not the greatest food and it was SOOO expensive. I would rather not eat with monkeys and save myself the $50 bucks. I have been loving your story. So fun to read about your adventure. Jealous!
Post a Comment