Today we start the long road home! We wanted to kill some time so we didn't have to spend alot of time in Vegas so we decided to go see the Los Angeles Temple ~ the heaven part of the day!!! The temple and temple grounds were beautiful! There was such a peace being on the temple grounds amid all the smog, traffic, and chaos in the surrounding area!!! We took some time to walk around and take some pictures...

Mom and dad and all their grand kids...

Jace wanted to go and do baptisms for the dead but we had to pass this time!!!
We head for Venice Beach ~ the little bit of hell!!! Actually it was a whole lotta hell!!! The reason for us going was again to kill time and dad remembered it being {20 years ago mind you} kinda of like a place where there were street performers, the muscle guys were there lifting weights and so on!! Well times have definitely changed and not for the better!!! The boys took their longboards...
but by the time we were done none of them were riding them! They had them strapped into the strollers cause people kept offering to "take it off hteir hands for 'em" and it really freaked 'em out!! Here's just a small summary of what we saw...
* guy in red speedo with gold shoes who had peed his pants and wanted money
* 20 or so marijuana stores who wanted us to come in for a free marijuana medical evealuation
* 10 stores selling bongs, pipes, and other paraphenalia
* street vendors selling homemade CRAP of all kinds
* a 56 year old lady dressed up as a mermaid with a sign saying she had waited for this day for 30 years {legalization of marijuana}
* incense and incense burners ~ smell of sage and other "scents" wafting through the air
* guy had a siezer right in front of us and fell off the wall and on his back
* stores selling knock offs of practicaly anything you can imagine
* food vendors {gag}
* guy with a top hat on standing in front of a broken out old tv and wanted us to watch his "show"
* people peddling their cd's ~ Justin said "no thanks" when a guy tried to hand him and and the guy got in his face and asked him why...was his scared?? Yea.. he was!!!
* we did se the weight lifter guys, yes they had big muscles
* lots of bums and teenagers with just their clothes in a bag hangin' out on the beach in like hippie groups, made me wonder if their mom's miss them or if they miss their moms
* lots of bikini ladies
* a 20 something guy in a Spider Man costume that was like a 4T and hadn't been washed in decades
* a guy dressed completely in gold blowing up balloons
*sugar daddies with their honeys
*weird people wall to wall
I wanted to take more pictures but they wanted money if you took their picture! Like these two guys! The first guy was just sittin' there...
His sign said..."I will work 4 marijuana no free photos" and this next guy!! Seems way talented in the sand sculpting area but it doesn't pay well and he really wasn't interested in money anyway...
His sign said..."Can you please help me out with a tip, donation, bus transfer, food stamp, postage stamp, weed, speed, smack, or crack, car keys, wallet, watch or whistle? If you think my art is amazing, awesome, cool, bomb, sick, terrific, incredible, bad ass, horrible, terrible, shitty or bad, or if you look at, glimpse, photograph, or video tape, or take a mental picture! Thank you, Don" And then there was this place..
Freak Show central!!! Scared the kids half to death!!! The guy out front kept saying come see the two-headed turtle, you'll never see another one!! WHO CARES!!!! After walking about 3 miles we decided it was only getting worse and we headed back!!! We had never been so relieved to get back to our cars!!! Dad felt bad it was such a crappy place but I was kinda glad my kids got a glimpse into what life is like outside of Idaho! It was a real eye opener!! We headed to Vegas and along the way made on last stop at In-and-Out Burger!!! Which I failed to mention in my vacation re-cap was our favorite place to eat of the entire trip ~ I think we hit it 4 times!!! We roll into Vegas around 8:00 at night! Everyone was tired but me and my sisters went and tried our hand at a little gambling ~ last time the guys went out gambling so this time it was our turn and the guys stayed with the kids!! Can I tell ya we are so not gamblers!! I took $20 and it was gone like that!! Blake came down and was going back up to the room for a minute and I told him to stop buy our room and grab another $20 from John!! When he came back I asked if he got me more money and he said John said.."just not no, but HELL NO"!!! Mandie asked dad if he would give each of his daughters some money so he gave each of $10 more!! I played on that about a half hour and was up to $80 but I just have to try it one more time, just one more!! I could so become addicted to gambling if I lived down there!!! It was so fun!!! Mom did pretty good!! The first time we were there she won $80 and that night she was up to $200 but left with $60!! She was one little teeny tiny thing ~ I don't know what ya call the spinning things ~ away from winning a half a million on the Wheel of Fortune!!! So close!! For a while I just sat there watching people trying to figure out what they were doing there....the bachelor party guys, the old couples spending their kids inheritance, the couple trying to hit it big by spending their whole paycheck, newlyweds, bachelorette parties, girls trying to get a sugar daddy, sugar daddies trying to get the girls, and how drunk people were! I had to head back to the room cause the smoke was giving me a major headache!!! I came back to the room and everyone was fast asleep!! And I crawled into bed and snuggled up to John relieved to have that crazy day over with and we were all safe, sound, and snuggled into our beds!!
1 comment:
HOLY COW!!!! What an adventure you had. It is amazing to me how much of a bubble we live in, and how much "life" changes in 20 years. It is when you have days like that, that make you really appreciate the "simple" ways of our life...I bet you looked at your kids and John with a little more LOVE before you climbed into bed!
Post a Comment