We celebrated my Grandpa Fillmore's 90th birthday Saturday afternoon {though he doesn't officially turn 90 until November 12th} with a surprise party at the Red Lion! 

Grandma thought it would be easier to get everyone together during the summer! And it was, everyone was able to make it, even my cousin from New Mexico and my grandpa's only living brother and sister!! Everyone got there about 3:45 and patiently waited for the guest of honor! My parents picked up grandma and grandpa and came about 4:00! My grandpa thought my dad was being honored for some kind of fireman's award! He was sure surprised when he walked in the door...



He finally realizes it's for him and he sees these dear sweet people...

his little brother Keith and his baby sister LaVera! His only living siblings!!
My Uncle Ray did a great job as emcee of the evening! Aunt Janet put together a beautiful video of grandpa throughout his life time! It was fun to watch and brought back alot of memories! Stories were told and more memories were shared by dad, mom, Ray, Janet, Linda, and his brother and sister...


We had a yummy dinner and visited! After dinner Grandpa spoke and thanked everyone for coming! He thanked his sweetheart and told her how much he loved her! Which made me cry and hope that after 65 years of marriage John and I are in love as my grandparents...



Steph and I had each family send us some pictures and write down some memories that they had of grandpa and then we had it made into a book! Steph and all his grand kids presented this to him...
and no birthday would be complete without singing Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles on your cake...
Grandpa was able to say hi and visit a bit with his friends that came! He was sure happy!!! After everyone had left it was time for some family pictures...
Grandma & Grandpa and all their grand kids...
I love my grandma and grandpa so very much! I feel very blessed to have such a great relationship with them!!! John and I love going over and visiting them and listening to grandpa's stories! I am so glad that my children are able to know their great-grandparents and have a relationship with them and make memories with them also!! It was a fun evening! I was also glad to be able to dress up a bit and go out with my sweetheart..
3 comments:
that is so sweet! I love it...
Happy Birthday Grandpa Fillmore! I just love that guy.
I hope that when I'm ninety . . . I look as fabulous as your Grandpa and Grandma. What a sweet post!
Post a Comment