Didn't know if you knew there are approximately 6205 days in 17 years or 8,935,200 minutes in 17 years!!!! And the reason for me telling you this is that for that many years, days, and minutes I have had the most wonderful privilege to raise and love this kid....
He turned 17 on October 26th!!! John and I fed him and a few of his friends lunch which consisted of...
Later that evening we headed to Famous Dave's for his birthday dinner!! Mom and dad came along and we had a great time!! Justin ordered this thing called a "RIBZILLIA"...
It's basically a big steak on a rib....a very big rib!! He ordered it and was asking the waitress what it was and all that and she explained to him about how big it is and ended with..."I've never seen anyone finish it and their whole meal." I told her that she'd never seen this kid eat! He's just finished a Big Judd the day before!! And one a week before that!!! Here we are enjoying our meal...

It's basically a big steak on a rib....a very big rib!! He ordered it and was asking the waitress what it was and all that and she explained to him about how big it is and ended with..."I've never seen anyone finish it and their whole meal." I told her that she'd never seen this kid eat! He's just finished a Big Judd the day before!! And one a week before that!!! Here we are enjoying our meal...
we went home and opened presents...
a shirt....
a Fox jacket....
a steering wheel cover for his truck....
a manual for his truck...
and another truck! Not really for his birthday but we counted it!! The picture below isn't his actual truck but it looks alot like it!! I'll have to take some pictures of his and put them on here...
He already has gotten one speeding ticket and if it happens again there will be a for sale sign in it!!! Justin keeps on our toes and more often on our knees!!! Prayin' for his safety, his happiness, and to keep his dumb ass decision making in check!!!
* he loves sunflower seeds ~ don't know how many pocket fulls I have washed and dried
* he LOVES his truck ~ his dad and I agree that it's WAY too much power under his teenage ass but it's an awesome thing to hang over his head
* he loves Los Alberto's ~ a Mexican dive in Idaho Falls
* eats at Mick's everyday for lunch
* he's 6'4"
* loves original Chex Mix
* doesn't sleep under his covers but uses an afghan my mom made John and I when we got married!! It works great for a bed cause it only about 4 feet wide bit it's like 8 feet long!
* he's great big brother to Jace ~ takes him quite a bit when he goes out and does alot of stuff with him
* xbox fanatic
* cell phone and text message addict ~ won't answer the phone if ya call but will if ya text
* hard worker
* likes scary shows but doesn't like haunted houses
* loves to laugh and joke ~ can really make us laugh
* still, after 17 years, makes up dumb ass noises and phrases
* our dog Abby sleeps with him every night
* he can REALLY eat and REALLY enjoys food
* chugs Mountain Dew
* is a worthy priesthood holder
* up until a month ago had a pretty clean record with his dad and I then made an aforementioned dumb ass decision and ended up grounded one month from his truck, friends, and anything social!! Happened a week before his birthday!! We will laugh about 20 years from now and if we get through this teenage thing with him just doin' what he did....we'll be doin' good!! Maybe I'll tell the story one day!!!
* he has a very kind heart ~ it's kinda hid under his big mouth and "I-know-it-all-you-don't-know-nothin'-attitude", but it's there! And he's been showing it more and more lately!! {He must want something for his truck or doesn't want it taken away}!! ;)
I love him so much!!! Everything he does makes me cry!! I want more time with him! More laughs, more memories, more, more, more!! It's all happened way to fast...this growing up thing! But his dad and I tell him {and all our kids} every day how much we love them and how proud we are of them!! So thankful for...1) the opportunity to be his mom 2) the joy he brings to his dad and I and our family 3) that even though he towers over me....he tells me he often he loves me and will give me hugs!! Even in front of the whole football team, in his sweaty football gear, after a game!!

1 comment:
What a wonderful post! I love how you told all about him. Made me feel like I know the kid!
Post a Comment