Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving ~ 2010

 I love Thanksgiving!! I think it's my favorite holiday!! This quote pretty much sums up why...
"Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday....no costumes, no suitcases, no gifts, no basket grass and half-eaten marshmallow eggs, no flags to fly, no pageants to prepare. Just friends and family bowed together before Heavenly Father." - Katherine Wirthlin Cannon
It's a time to be with family and reflect on what you are most grateful for!!! Which I have so much!! I tried to take a pictures of these all day yesterday with him knowing {it was kinda tricky}...

But this is John's hand!!
 I am so grateful for his hands!! They are rough and dry and cracked and sore and calloused, but most of all they are strong and they hold my hand and they hold my heart! The hug me, they hold me up, the push me to go and do things that scare me, they protect me, they bless me, they wipe my tears, they hold and hug my babies, they do endless chores and fix things around this house, they carry heavy things for me, they rub my feet and tickle my back, they work hard to provide for me and our family, I always have his hand{s} to grab and hold when I am scared, sad, happy, for guidance, strength, security, and comfort! I am grateful for our warm home, the the food on our table, our families, and friends! I am grateful for the Gospel and the priesthood in my life! I am grateful for our children!! The opportunity I have to be their mother!! I am thankful for my parents!! For the relationship I have with them!!  To be so close with my brother and sisters and for our children to be close with their cousins!! To be able to get together as much as we do and have good times, make memories, and just laugh!!!  For the relationship I have with my grandparents! For dear friends who accept me for who I am, quirks and all!! It truly almost overwhelms me to realize how blessed we are!!


We went to my parents for Thanksgiving this year!! We missed my sisters and their families! Mom fixed the best turkey ever along with all the trimmings!! I ate way too much and wanted to slip into a turkey coma but instead read the Sunday paper looking and searching for things to tempt me to go shopping on "black Friday", but I didn't find any!!! We  watched the movie "Grown-ups", visited with grandparents, ate some more, and played games!!! It was a good turkey day...
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Janiel said...

Loved your post about Johns hands! Beautifully written!