Friday, December 10, 2010

Does this look right to you??

Justin dislocated his pinky finger last night playing basketball!! He went up for the re-bound and the ball bounced off the rim and hit his finger just right...

His friends each took a turn pulling on it trying to pop it back in but they couldn't get it! So long story short the ended up going to Dr. Beckett's over by Tyler's house {mind you this is at 11:00 p.m. at night} and he tried pulling it back in but Justin was so tense and the muscles around the joint had contracted, he ended up numbing around the finger in three areas and then really pulled on it and it finally went back in! Up until that point he wasn't in alot of pain! But once he put it in...it hurt SO bad!! It's really swollen and is starting to bruise and still is really tender!! And I was asleep during this whole ordeal!! John swears he came in and woke me up to tell me about it  but I was so tired I guess I just told him to "quit talking so loud" and went right back to sleep!!! I didn't hear about it until this morning!!! {BIG SIGH} But right now he's getting ready to go snowboarding tomorrow! {ANOTHER BIG SIGH} Let's hope  he doesn't dislocate anything else!!!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

What a blessing to not wake up for that. I can't even look at it. The thought of all the pulling will probably run through my head when I close my eyes to sleep, followed by a heebie jeebie. Yuck! I am not prepared for boy stuff. You are one tough mom, Chris Russell. I hope they give you a medal. Or at least let you sleep in on mother's day. Oh and by the way, when medical emergencies happen around here...I'm totally calling you for moral support.