Has it really been 3 weeks since I blogged last?? Where has the time gone?? We have been busy havin' a "ball"....school basketball for Jace, church ball for Justin, volleyball for Hannah, and Jazz ball for Halle!!! Every night and on Saturdays there is someone playin' ball!! But it's all good ~ just busy!!! More on that later!!! But back to "Og The Frog"! Remember my last post? If not go back and read it!! Well my dear, sweet, immensely talented friend Jolene read my post and she did a post of her own on her blog, titled....
"For Halle"
This is what she wrote....
"For Halle"
This is what she wrote....
"My friend Chris has the cutest little girl named Halle. The other day, she needed a frog on the drawing she was making for her book, about a frog named "Og", and asked her mom to draw her one. Her mom says that she can't draw (which I don't believe at all) but since Halle is so cute, she drew her a frog. I figured if you were writing an entire book on a frog named "Og", you should definitely know how to draw that guy! Once you know the steps, frogs are pretty fun to draw, so Halle, here's how you draw a doodle frog:
Hope that helps, Halle. With a little practice, I know that you will be drawing oodles of frog doodles!
{Look at the frog Jolene drew!!!! You must go visit her blog and see her art! She has an Etsy shop too}!We have had "Doodle Studio" by American Girls for years and we have definitely gotten our money out of it. It has a book with all kinds of doodles, like dogs, cats, turtles, and yes, frogs, all written in easy, doable, step by step instructions, just like I demonstrated the frog. I have been using it to teach a few doodles to the kids in my daughter's class, and they LOVE it. They are always begging for doodles. AND lest you think it's just for young girls, my daughter and I have spent hours together doing the doodles in the book, and it is a BLAST! In fact, lately, it has spent more time on my desk than in her room. Honestly, this little book not only helped my daughter increase her confidence in drawing, but it helped me too!
Well, Halle, hope you have lots of luck in drawing your own "Og the Frog". I know you can do it!"
Wasn't that sweet??! She did a frog tutorial for her!!! And she made it so easy!!! Well I showed it to Halle and she went right to drawing!! {So did John and I actually}! She sat at the computer for a good half hour going through each step!! She was so excited!! She was drawing frogs for days!! So as a thank you she drew a frog!! So this is...
For Jolene....
There is "Og the Frog" sittin' on his lilly pad with the little bug flyin' over head! And the fishes swimmin' below!! It's so hard to see cause her "preferred medium" is crayon and it didn't scan that great!! But I just have to say a heart felt thank you!! Such a simple thing that Jolene did but it meant so much to a little girl and her mom!! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy, crazy life!! I am so lucky to have a friend like you!! I am so blessed that you share you talent with others!! Your art "speaks" to me and is so true and beautiful!! I love when you post new designs on your blog!! Everything you draw, paint, and create, comes from your heart and soul!! Love you Jolene!!! {Now I know you all are grabbin' a piece of paper right about now tryin' to draw a frog aren't you?? If you aren't...go try it!!! I can now say....I can draw a frog!!}
For Jolene....
There is "Og the Frog" sittin' on his lilly pad with the little bug flyin' over head! And the fishes swimmin' below!! It's so hard to see cause her "preferred medium" is crayon and it didn't scan that great!! But I just have to say a heart felt thank you!! Such a simple thing that Jolene did but it meant so much to a little girl and her mom!! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy, crazy life!! I am so lucky to have a friend like you!! I am so blessed that you share you talent with others!! Your art "speaks" to me and is so true and beautiful!! I love when you post new designs on your blog!! Everything you draw, paint, and create, comes from your heart and soul!! Love you Jolene!!! {Now I know you all are grabbin' a piece of paper right about now tryin' to draw a frog aren't you?? If you aren't...go try it!!! I can now say....I can draw a frog!!}


1 comment:
Halle!!! I LOVE your frog. I did a happy little scream when I saw him. You are awesome! I LOVE the fish and the bug and the lily pad and the seaweed and EVERYTHING about your drawing. Thank you. I hope you keep on drawing...you are VERY good.
AND Chris!!! You are just the sweetest thing. I am blushing at all the nice things that you said. Thank you, too. I'm glad to help out on the frog front. Drawing makes me happy and so I love to share. And you and your Miss Halle have made my day! Thanks again! Love ya!
Post a Comment