Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Before & afters.....

are one of my favorite things to watch and see!! Whether it's a for a person, a home, furniture, whatever...I love before and afters!!! And the one "before & after" we look forward to every year is this one...
John's beard!!!! He grows it every year starting in September! This beard gets to be quite the phenomenon! John gets compliments on it ALL the time every where we go....from men!! Dudes walk up to him and say..."That is an awesome beard! How long did it take you to grow that?", most of Justin's friends can't wait till they can grow a beard like John's, and the guys at work think it awesome!! It's crazy!! And I mostly get..."How can you stand that?" or How can you let him grow that?" But it doesn't bug me!!! I grew up with a dad who grew a beard every winter to protect his face from the cold so I was/am used to it!! That and the fact that John likes growing a bead, he can grow an awesome beard, and who am I to tell him not to grow one...his mommy?? I think not!! {Cause she does continually ask him when he's going to "shave that thing"!} Ok....onto the
BEFORE....
{I may or may not have said something a little naughty to get him to smile}
 {It worked.....he laughed....}
and a side view....
Hell of a beard ain't it???
 But now for our favorite part, when he shaves! He usually shaves while the kids are at school so there are all different reactions from the kids....Halle just stares and then comes and whispers in my ear..."dad shaved his beard" then keeps starin' at him and rubs his face,  Jace actually giggles~ real actual little giggles~ for about an hour, everytime he sees his dad ~ real giggles, Justin is bummed in a teenage kinda way ~ he wants John to grow it all year, Hannah laughs and says..."you look weird", and I just rub his smooth face and kiss him! Now the
AFTER....
He does look about 10 years younger though doesn't he?! And I love him either way.....beard or no beard! But I better get going {still in my robe, listening to The View}!! My little brother is here helping John on another "before & after"....our basement!!! They got the storage room all done....insulated, framed, and sheet rocked! Now moving onto the bathroom!!! Yea!!! Should go take some pictures of that!!!

2 comments:

Salty Gal said...

Holy smokies! What a chance...I remember my Dad used to do the same thing. Gotta love it!

I bet a lot of men are jealous that he can grow such a great beard :)

Salty Gal said...

*not what a chance, what a CHANGE :)