Well I hope so!!! Cause there is gonna be alot of it around here!! Justin and Jace are both playing high school football! Jace is playing freshman and Justin is playing varsity!! And the are both #82!! Cool beans!! Justin started out with a scrimmage in West Jefferson so Hal and I headed up there {Hal was very tired from her second day of school}....
and met John who drives right past there from work so he had the bus drop him off!! The looked pretty good!! It's hard to tell which in he is cause they are all dressed the same but just look for the red and white shoes.....
{just a little FYI....West Jefferson is a town of about 600 people but they have spent a small fortune on their football field!! It's bead turf and as the boys play on it you see little beads fly up when they run!! Crazy they'd put such an expensive field in such a little town}!!!
The boys practice everyday from 3:30 to 6:30 in 90 degree plus weather! they come home just soaking wet {and stinky}!! Jace's games are always on Thursdays at 4:30! Their first game was against the Idaho Falls Tigers....
They didn't do too good on their first game!! They lost 22-0! But it's 2 grid kid teams coming together and I think they have some kinks to work out!! Still so proud of them!! Good Job J~Bear!!
Friday night was the first big varsity game of the season and we were playing the 5A Idaho Falls Tigers, we are 4A!! There was alot of pressure on the boys and coaches! Before each game the moms and dads feed the team!! We are talkin' good food here!! Always a main course, salads, rolls, deserts, and alot of it!
In the locker room, when the boys went to get ready, was a towel for all the seniors with their last name on them and their number.....
Comin' onto the field............
I love how the boys socks don't go all the way up over their knees!! It was a great game!! Justin got a touchdown!! I was so excited I was cryin'!! At one point I was sitting in the stands and just had a "moment".....where I was so happy to be where I was, sitting in the stands surrounded by fans of a small town football team! Beautiful night with hot dogs and everyone cheering for these boys!! I was just happy by all that I was surrounded by at that moment!! Shelley won 38-33!! It was a great night!!
John and I with Brigham {who was so sweaty it was really quite gross}......
Him and the team were so pumped!!! So proud of our boys!!
After every win the team sings the Shelley fight song! It was the perfect ending to a perfect night...
{pause my music player at the very bottom first}
They also featured Justin's touchdown on the news!!!
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clipsyndicate.com%2Fvideo%2Fplaylist%2F16745%2F2794024%3Fwpid%3D8668&h=3AQCclDSeAQBZkV0ybPrXBoA03LRezR1-Ux1billvtJn5Fw
They also featured Justin's touchdown on the news!!!
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clipsyndicate.com%2Fvideo%2Fplaylist%2F16745%2F2794024%3Fwpid%3D8668&h=3AQCclDSeAQBZkV0ybPrXBoA03LRezR1-Ux1billvtJn5Fw
{Shelley coverage starts at 3:43}








1 comment:
OH MAN! I so wish we lived close...we love us some football and would LOVE watching them play!! It's always a little more fun when ya know someone!! And way to go Justin! That was an AWESOME TD!! Go Russets!! :) Miss you guys! I love all your back to school pics...you sure have some great kids. I can't believe how much they have all grown in just a short time! And Justin is a SENIOR??!? Holy smokes...I remember when that kid was born and just little! Wow. Time sure flies when you are having fun! Love ya!!
Post a Comment