Friday, August 3, 2012

21 years ago...

on July 27th, 1991 John and I were married!!! We celebrated by gong out to a nice dinner and then going for a ride!! I also got an idea to go and re-enact one of our wedding pictures {which I wish we would have done every year on our anniversary}!! So before we went for a ride we headed over to the temple!! I just wanted someone there to snap a quick picture of us.....nice and easy! John wanted to use the tri-pod {I don't like using the tri-pod, I feel silly, he LOVES the tri-pod and wants to pull it out for every occasion} so we argued politely for a few minutes, there on the temple grounds, with me finally giving in!! He went and got the tri-pod! I just considered it his anniversary gift, letting him have his way this once!! ;) So we set everything up just right, got it all ready, then John went and stood in just the right spot {I had to run back and forth and set the self timer, he had a bum knee from a wreck he might have had on Justin's motorbike, but don't tell him I told ya}!! So here's what we ended up with.....

July 27th, 1991

and here we are 21 years, 4 kids, 2 dogs, 1 hamster, and countless, wonderful,  memories together.....

July 27th 2012
Same spot!! Notice the trees behind us? They've changed the landscaping a little but not much!! So wished we had done this every year!! But we will from know on!!
Happy anniversary to the man of my dreams!! I love him more that the day I married him!! He makes me laugh, yell, nag, ponder, smile, proud, and laugh some more! I could not do half of what I do with out his help, love, and encouragement!! He completes me and everything I am! He is the best example of a husband, father, son, and friend there ever was!! I will never be able to put into words how deeply I love him!! But every time I see him across a room or walking towards me.....I still get twitterpated!! My skin flushes, my breathing gets shallow, and my heart races!! He's mine! And I'm his!! Through all of our up and downs, laughter and tears, happys and sads!! For eternity!!
Love you John B. Russell

No comments: