Finally sent Elder Russell some packages!!! I sent him some stuff in the MTC but these are going to Canada..
I sent a "greenie" package!! It had some green glasses for him and his companion Irish Spring body wash, a green scrubbie, green tic-tacs, green goldfish crackers, some green glasses with mustaches hooked to them for him and his companion, Mike & Ike's, green Listerine strips, green lotion, green gum, green tape, green pen, a "greenie" poem I found, some words of advice from mom {that's included in ALL his packages, he can't get away from that}, and a bunch other other little green things!!
I sent him his Easter one too!! Since it's right around the corner!! I put in a new tie, a stuffed bunny, a Hot wheels car, an Easter basket, Snickers chocolate bunny, M&M's, Butterfinger eggs, Rain-Blo bubblegum eggs, a picture of Christ for his room, some fun missionary stickers for his letters home, a bookmark about missionaries, more mom advice, and some plastic eggs with messages inside from his family!!! Ummmm I think that was all!! But I added lots of Easter grass and tissue paper!! Lots of it!!! Then I wrapped 'em with tons of tape and doodled on them!!! I am not a doodler but I wish I was!!! But they were fun to put together!! Here they are ready to go...
I did some other doodles on the other sides!!! This is gonna be so fun!!! But I can only send about one a month!!! It was expensive!!! $70 for both of 'em!!! But he is going to LOVE them!!! And dear sweet hubby just huffs and puffs for a very brief moment and then smiles!! He knows it brings me some comfort to send these to my baby boy!!! I have one more flat one to send him next week!! Full of pictures about the happenings going on around home, letters, talks I've printed off from the Ensign, a very cute birthday book I put together for him with every one's birthday and some cards from the dollar store for him to send to everyone!!! {sigh} I miss him but Mondays are going to be AWESOME!!!! In the mean time I am going to practice my doodling!!!! There are going to be alot more packages to doodle on!!!
2 comments:
Cute! Love your ideas.
I hear ya about the expense on sending the packages. I send one per month to our missionary in California for the same reason. lol. So expensive. But SO worth it, eh? ; ) {That was a little Canadian slang for you.}
Lynn, I just love hearing from you!!! If you ever need me too I can send your son some stuff!!! Just let me know!!!
Post a Comment