Thursday, April 25, 2013

We got a package....

from Elder Russell!!! He had written us telling us that the ward mission leaders from Canada were coming to visit their daughter in Rexburg and that they were bringing a package from him!! I was so excited!! They were coming this week so I called them Wednesday and they were here! I ran up to Rexburg and met them ! Oh they were so nice!!! Bro. and Sis. Zaugg ~ seriously the sweetest and funniest people!! Sis. Z got out of her car and first thing she said was, "I have something for you! I am supposed to give you a big hug from your Elder!" And she gave me the biggest hug!!! I started crying!!! And I squeezed that little lady so tight!!! Just thinking that these people had just seen my son was so comforting!! We visited for a few minutes and took a few pictures {not with my camera} and they had to leave!!! They brought some more packages from the other Elders that I have instructions to ship or call and have picked up, and also packages I have to send back with the Z's!!! Hopefully we can take them to dinner and visit a little longer!! They sure love Elder Russell and all the missionaries up there! It's been so fun!! Any-whoooo back to the package! We said our goodbyes and I pulled right around the corner and grabbed Elder Russell's package out of the trunk ! For 2.5 seconds I thought about waiting till I was home and open it with the whole family but I didn't, John wouldn't get home until 8:00 that night!!!! And I just couldn't wait! 
This is what he sent....



Elder Russell had written his testimony on the front page and encouraged his little brother to read it...



Some fishing regulations for his dad...

A LETTER!! And it was 2 pages...

These were good!!

And these were too!!

So were these!!

These were deceiving !! We all were expecting something familiar to regular Smarties, sugar-pressed candies! But they were more like M&M's ~ candy coated chocolate!! They were yummy too!!

And sweet Halle with her chocolate!! There were 4 of the bars in the package!! Halle shared one! Meaning she ate the other 3!!! By herself!!! She hid them so no one could find them!! And believe me...I searched!!

I love all his sticky notes all over everything! His letter was amazing!

"Dear Russell Family,
          Things in Canada are going so good! I am getting more comfortable with the lessons and members and the whole mission life! It's kinda crazy being able to buy my own food and fend for myself! It is preparing me to live on my own with a wife someday! You really have to have your budget and priorities straight  The members are so welcoming and feed us so well! We almost never have to fix dinner on our own. The Bank's family are cool people and they fixed me my favorite dinner ever, pork chops and rice! it reminded me so much of home! We are definitely having success in our first area! We have the B family who is still on date and A, but he is hard to get a hold of! Other than that we are just visiting less active members and trying to get members more involved in missionary work. With all the missionaries coming because of the age change it leaves like no missionary work for us to do beside hitting the streets and walk and tract all day! That is why Pres. Gordan B. Hinckley said "Tracting isn't successful at all" so that leaves it up to the members to help in the missionary work! Our member are just not excited but we are working on changing that! I am really liking the mission life. I love reading my scriptures and can't wait till August when the new addition come out! I am gonna try and buy some! I really like this scripture  It's 1 Nephi 2:19-21. I like to insert my own name in place of Nephi's because i believe it pertains to me...
19 - And it came to pass the that the Lord spoke unto to me, saying,: Blessed art thou, Elder Russell, because of thy faith, for thou hast sought me diligently, with lowliness of heart.
20 - And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands
21 - And inasmuch as thou shalt keep my commandments thou shalt be made a leader and teacher over thy brethren.
         I love that scripture, the Book of Mormon is so powerful and so true and it is amazing to see the impact it has on people's lives from just reading the first page! I am loving the people here in Canada and can't wait to come back and introduce them to my family! I am so excited for you to meet Bro. and Sis. Zaugg! They are such a sweet couple! Well I hope things are going good at home and your saying family prayer every night! I love you guys so much and miss every single one of you so much and can't wait 22 months until I can give you all a HUGE hug in the airport! Stay safe and you are in my prayers every night!! Love Elder Russell"

He's getting pretty good at drawing the Canadian Flag eh?! 
I still miss him so much!! I don't cry quite as often!! Everyone in a while I have a completely break down and my heart hurts just cause I do miss him so much!! But letters and packages like these bring me such comfort!! As do my prayers and faith {and chocolate and Diet Pepsi}!! He sent a few more new pictures but I am putting those over on his mission blog!!! But here's a few!! Some still trickling in from the MTC...

His room at the MTC...

MTC...


Flying to Canada...

Elder Russell's apartment {look how clean}...



Like I said there are a few more but I put them all on his blog!! Miss him like crazy but get to talk to him in 17 days!!!
I seriously can't wait!!! Eeeeeeek!!!! It's going to be AWESOME!!! 


     

1 comment:

Lynn said...

YAY for Mother's Day phone calls!!! ; )