Mother's Day 2013 was a very much anticipated one for me {normally I do not like Mother's day}!!! I was waiting to speak to my son, who is on a mission!!! I had been doing a countdown for 2 weeks!! Then Saturday before Mother's Day I was cleaning and doing Saturday stuff!! Everyone was gone and I had the radio going and the doorbell rang!! Thinking it was some of the kids friends I finished what I was doing real quick then went and answered the door!! I started bawling when I saw a little gal standing there holding these...
I just started bawling!! They were from my sweet son, Elder Russell!!! They were beautiful!!! The card read..."Wish I was there to give you a big hug on Mother's Day! I'm so grateful you're my mom! Love and miss you! Your missionary son, Elder Russell"!! I just stood there for about 10 minutes and cried!!! Then I'd cry every time I'd walk into the room!!! Made my day!!! But it gets even better if ya can imagine!!! He said he was going to be able to Skype about 8:00 on Sunday night!!! Well I could hardly stand myself!! But I kept myself busy and had a nice lunch at the park after church with all my family!!! My dear brother helped me set it up so we would be able to see Elder Russell on the TV!!! Took a while but we got it...
Then we just had to wait...
Then finally the TV rang and this wonderful image popped up....
Look at that smile!!!! It was so awesome I was at a loss for words!!! I miss him so much still!!!
We all took turns as families chatting for a minute...
And I wanted a picture with our Elder...
It was great!!! We asked questions and all the kids told him what they've been doing!! He told us about some of the spiritual experiences he has had!! i had a list of questions at home but I forgot them!!! We talked for about 45 minutes!! At about 46 minutes he said..."well, mom I better go" I told him he was going to have to push the hang up button!! We all said our final "I love you's" {I won't say goodbye}!!!
And then just like that....he was gone!!!
He was so obedient and kept it right to 46 minutes!! It was hard!!! It tore the band-aid off my heart that was covering the hole that was left there after we dropped him off at the MTC!!! I was feeling a little down for a while but by the end of the evening I was focusing on how blessed we were to be able to speak to him, how wonderful he looks, how much he is growing in the gospel, and how I can share him with those that need him for a short time!! And I could feel my heart healing once more! I love the kid so very much!!! It seriously was the best Mother's Day EVER!!!! Can't wait for Christmas!!!







.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment