Thursday, July 18, 2013

4th of July 2014

We usually do the same thing every 4th of July....go to the parade, have a picnic, then spend HOURS in the HOT sun in our "spot" and wait for the fireworks!!! It's fun but this year we all did something different!! We went camping!!! It was so fun!! I don't know if it was because the 4th was one of Grandma Fillmore's favorite holidays or because Elder Russell was gone but I just didn't want to be at the river this year!!! I missed them both terribly!! So we headed out Wednesday afternoon...


We tent it!! Our little camp...

Boys headed out for a ride...






Around camp we ~ 
made fires...

visited....

took pictures....


did 4th of July toes...

went for walks...

Painted rocks {I am 40 years old and I LOVE to paint rocks when we go camping}....



 chased naughty puppies...

and held naughty puppies...

The day of the 4th we went and floated the river!!! It was very relaxing and it was the first time John and I didn't fight over paddling the canoe!! We worked together and we were happy!!! Hannah wanted to rent a kayak and she had a ball going down by herself!!! I burnt the top of my head super bad but other than that it was a great time!! That night of the 4th we headed over to Lakeside and watched the fireworks!! I would have to say they weren't too bad for a little town...







It was beautiful during the daytime but every night a thunder and lighting storm would roll in!!! But we stayed nice and dry!! The next day we took the kids to play in the water...

Carson and Halle were brave enough to go upstream a ways and float down in their life jackets...










Beautiful day.....








Found the perfect rock for mermaid poses!
HALLE...

JAKE...

RYKER...

Ad they they made mud pies cakes....



We came home, cleaned everyone up, and chased a weasel, started a yummy dinner, Mike B. made cobbler, and we sat around the fire and danced with glow sticks....












 That night another storm rolled in and we even heard a wolf howl!!! The next day we went for a walk and I marveled I live where I live....







The guys decided to go and float down the river again aways in tubes!!!
There they go....


















So the kids hung out and played again...












Here they come.....


















 We again headed back to camp and then sat around and rested and visited...





 It seriously was a great week!!! None of wanted to come home!! But we packed up and headed home!! And the drive home is just as beautiful...






 Elder Russell was missed and it's not the same without him!! But he's doing amazing things where he's at and where he's needed right now!!! I am so thankful for the freedoms I have and enjoy and for those who willingly sacrifice their lives for that freedom!!!

2 comments:

Scott and Lindsey said...

Looks SO fun!!! I love all the pictures! Where do you guys camp at?

Lynn said...

Yes!! You guys certainly do know how to party. Love family traditions.

I am still working on our Canada Day get away with family. HA ha

You rock!