So I snapped a few pics which didn't help the lateness factor, but they looked so handsome all dressed up in their church clothes hittin' a few balls around, and chasin' Abbie. We finally made it to church. I had sharing time and it was on the priesthood and how it blesses my family. It made me think of how grateful I am to have the priesthood in my life and home. That John is worthy to hold and exercise such an awesome power. That I am a daughter of God, that my Heavenly Father is there for me always to help me raise and teach my children in a way that is pleasing unto him. Sometimes I forget this and get so frustrated and feel so helpless and like I'm failing in teaching my children or they way I'm running my home...but I just need to step back, drop to my knees, and ask my Heavenly Father for patience, strength, and guidance. I am truly blessed and am so thankful for all that I have. I love my children and John so much, I can literally feel my heart bursting with the love I feel for them. I will do all I can to be with them for eternity...
Like I said John is working today. He has two down and two to go. He was supposed to have Memorial Day off, but they offered him double time and foreman pay and since we didn't have plans anyway, we decided he should work. I'll probably take the kids to the movie and start my spring cleaning...I know, I know, it's almost summer, but better late than never I say! And it needs it desperately. I think I'll have a yard sale here in a few weeks. The ones I've had in the past have always turned out good, so with all we clean out I think I'll do another. I accumulate so much stuff in such a short period of time. I'm definitely a pack rat. I just know someday, sometime I will need that "thing" I am holding onto, even though I haven't used it in years! But the minute I get rid of "it" I'll need one so why take the chance. John just rolls his eyes. And I take a deep breath and hurry and throw it away and John has to get it far away from me so I don't go dig it back out !! So...Mandie, Steph, or anyone else who'd like to bring their stuff on over, get it ready, lets have a............
Finished out the day with a yummy dinner courtesy of this recipe site...GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND BAKE !!
I have tried the fried rice - wonderful, I made the ribs tonight for dinner - kids loved them, and am making the corn chip casserole Thursday along with toffee bars !! Thanks Jonna! You've broken my "what to have for dinner" rut!! If ya think about it...moms have to cook probably 330-340 days out of the year, that's alot of menus to come up with so I'm always excited to find something new AND that my kids like!! After dinner we watched America's Funniest Videos, one of my favorite shows (along with Golden Girls). I kinda like to watch them when Johns gone cause I laugh out loud at them, even one's I've seen a hundreds times and he looks at me like, it's not that funny is it?? My favorite are of the ones when people scare each other, I laugh.... I too love scarin' people but hate being scared!! We were going to walk over to the cemetery and see the graves but the weather took a turn for the worse....
You can't really tell from the photos ( a professional photographer I am not, obviously) but it was really raining. Which is ok...Mandie's kids are here playing and John should be home any minute so I better go warm up his dinner and spend the few hours I have left in the day with him. So thankful for... 1) new recipes 2) the priesthood and that it presides in our home 3) the gospel

1 comment:
Wow...that was a wonderful post. I enjoyed all your pictures...especially you good looking boys golfing in ties! What great kids you have. I have also snagged recipes from you, and enjoyed them. It's a good things we can find out what others cook...I too am sick of all my recipes! It's really fun getting to know all of you better from your blogs. Thanks.
Post a Comment