Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm totally in love...

with the second baseman!!John played softball yesterday and he looked pretty good out there hittin', runnin', throwin', and chasin' the ball...
I got some shots of Blake and Mike too...

Mike even came with his baseball shirt on AND his cleats. This boy don't mess around! It was fun to watch but was so cold I went home after the first game. The rest of the day was just doin' Saturday "stuff". Went to town with my mom and sister for a few errands and went to pick up Justin from golf. He got in the car and was almost bawling cause his ear hurt so bad. It was about 7:50 so we headed straight to Community Care and barely made it.Well he has a raging ear infection.Poor kid has been fighting with them since birth and still gets one or two a year that are really painful. After the doctor we headed over to Walgreen's, picked up his Rx and headed home. He took two ibuprofen, his antibiotic and crawled into bed. He should be feeling better by this evening.

I saw this cute little colorful bird out my bedroom window yesterday too...

Such a colorful little thing. I'm not sure what kind it is. But it was fun watching it out my window. And on a sad note on the way home from town last night I hit a bird with my car, a robin. I know... had sad!! I felt really bad. We had to stop and Justin had to flip it off with a stick. I said a little prayer (in my head) and headed home. I always feel like I just killed the daddy bird and now the baby birds and his wife are home wondering when dad will be home and thanks to me he won't (sad). My sister Steph says I think about things way too much and you know...I think she's right!! Well, best get going and on with the day. We didn't make it to church today, first time in a very long time and as hard as it is to make it to 8:30 church, I really hate missing. It's like my day is weird and the following week just isn't right. Going to church set my week, refreshes my soul, and is just a place where I know I need to be on Sundays, so when I miss I feel a little out of sorts, a little off, and can't wait till next Sunday. Weird...yes I know!! So thankful for...1) pretty little birds 2) antibiotics 3) frozen pancakes from Wal-mart - the kids love them and can fix em' them selves :)

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Aren't we lucky to be in love with our husbands! A lot of people can't say that. I count my blessings a billion times a day. I hope Justin is doing better.
Oh yeah....beautiful bird. Great pictures.