Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Busy as a bee...

buzz,buzz!! Some days go by in a blur cause we have so much going on!! And I feel like there is so much more to fit in till school starts - in 22 days - and I'm kinda bummed about it too!! But it will be nice to get back into a routine and regular bed times, I think the earliest we get to bed is 11:30 p.m. I'm just thankful my kiddos sleep in late!! They're like their dad and me, we are total night owls, stay up late and sleep in!! Well I was running around cleaning yesterday morning, the older three kids were gone and Halle was entertaining herself and being a good girl as usual while I made beds, did dishes, getting ready, etc. When I checked in on her in the living room, this is what I found...What is this you may be asking?? Let me explain...Halle loves to cook!! LOVES IT!! Last night while I was fixing dinner she came up to me and asked "what are the ingredients in that?" (I was making biscuits)! So in the pictures above she was making "muffins" with some potpourri I have and added some cheese, the bowl with scarf in it is "pink frosting", and she informed me she had a "cake" in the oven!! I checked the real oven just to be sure but she told me her was pretending!! Now we have bought this little lady a toy kitchen with all the food and gadgets you need, even a blender and toaster...but she won't have any of it, she likes the real thing. I let her help me as much as I can, she likes to stir and pour in stuff. I also have some wood eggs on my counter and she get down cups and plates and "cooks" on the other counter as I cook. All the time she's cooking she also "talks" like she's on a cooking show, explaining what she's doing (we watch Food Network alot). It's just too cute. That's one of the main reasons I blog...you can capture a memory, put a picture with it, write about it, and have it forever!! And on another note...4 days till our anniversary!! Today I am going to list 17 things I love about John!!!
1) he is so generous and giving with all that he has
2) he is a very hard worker
3) I know he truly loves me and I feel so blessed to be loved like that
4) he is my "Mr. Fix-it" - he can fix anything around here
5) he makes sure everything I use runs good - my car, vacuum, watches, cameras, etc.
6) he does dishes and laundry
7) he loves the outdoors
8) he's very talented with woodworking
9) he holds the priesthood and is worthy to exercise that power
10) he will eat and loves my cooking...even my experiment meals I try
11) he is physically strong, I love his arms, legs, and especially his hands
12) he has great respect for his parents and helps them out alot
13) he gets along with others and makes friends quickly
14) he is always there for me thru my emotional and irrational breakdowns
15) he is our boys' hero
16) he is our girls' big marshmallow
17) as corny as it may sound...he is truly the love of my eternal life, I love him so much I can physically feel my heart swell with love!!
I could gone on forever. I will let those count as my "so grateful for..." things for today too!!


2 comments:

Jonna said...

Now Halle is the sweetest, funniest little girl ever! How clever of her....you are a very good MoM, because I'm sure that you didn't get upset at all! Right? I especially love the pink frosting. It sounds like you are pretty darn lucky to have snagged John. Four more days......

Shayna said...

I love your blogs... Halle is the cutest!