Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Playing at Grandma Russell's...

while she was irrigating the lawn.






I thought these next ones of Abby looked like she was a Dr. Seuss dog...


Her's a funny pup! The girls had alot of fun running in the water. Then grandma hosed them off, getting all the grass off...


Jace went to Tyler Bean's birthday party. They were playing baseball with slip n' slides at each base and some other water games. Looked like alot of fun when I dropped him off!! There were about 11 kids there, all boys...all I can say she is one brave mother!! Spent the rest of the day just hanging out. Justin has football camp again. It was kind of tough last night for his team, it was the first night the boys had been together to play football since Tanner has been gone. Tanner was the quarterback all thru their grid kid years and now they were kinda like...well now who's going to be our quarterback?? Justin says it just felt strange, Tanner knew all the plays and could just run them with out a second thought...so they had to find a new quarterback and that's hard too cause everyone feels like it should be Tanner and there's going to be a lot of pressure on who ever replaces him. But they will pull together and it will be okay! Just brings back all those feelings of why and disbelief of what Tanner did. It will be even tougher when basketball season gets here...he was one heck of a ball player too. I am still in shock and disbelief...and we miss him. But on a lighter note...12 days to go till our 17 year anniversary!! Yipeee! Today I wanted to remember some of the photos from our dating years...we dated two years. John was my second date after turning 16 and I never looked back. Like I said before it was just "right", it was easy, and I knew after about 3 months together he was the one. I remember sitting in classes in high school writing love note after love note...most of them would start out like..."Hey hot stuff" or at least have the word "foxy" in it at least once, or it always had "John + Chris" doodled on it in one way or another, or ended with "I love you forever...XOXOXOXOX". They were always cheesy and full of high school drama. I didn't know till just a couple of years ago that John had actually saved every note I had written him - ahhhh, how sweet. We went thru them and had to throw a few of them away cause I sometimes was a little trampy in my writings, and would no way want my kids to read those, nothing too naughty, just trampy {blush}! I couldn't believe some of the things I wrote...Oh well!! So here's a few pics of our dating years...

Hanging out at Palisades...
With our neighborhood friend, Lionel...
On mom's front porch, there were a lot of goodnight kisses on that porch...
At Blake's baptism...
At Grandma Fillmore's...
John also took me to all my high school dances even though he had graduated the year before we met...(he graduated in 1988 and our first date was April of 89') he didn't want me to miss any of the dances. What a guy!! Here's just a few of the many...

Shelley High Homecoming 1989...

Sadie Hawkins 1990...

Senior Prom 1991...
What fun to look back! Well off to prepare dinner and finish off the night. Justin just informed me he can't find his football cleats and what did I do with them...I told him I went running in them this morning...HELLO??? I have no clue where they are, but when someone around here can't find something the mom is supposed to know where it is...just add a detective who has ESP to list the list of many jobs we have :). So thankful for... 1) that Justin has a few $$ in the bank cause if he can't find his cleats he's going to have to buy his own replacements instead of that golf bag he was saving for... ( yes, I'm a mean mom) 2) a little cloud cover today, not quite so hot with that sun beating on you but still warm 3) Rose, Sophia, Blanche, & Dorothy - the "Golden Girls" - my favorite show ever!!

3 comments:

Shayna said...

I just love your count down... looking back at those pictures makes me smile!!! I would love to teach you the digi scrapping. I love it! It is the only way I will scrapbook! You need to leave a memory on my blog!! I was totally expecting one from you!!!

Mandie said...

It makes me laugh to look and all of those pictures. I can remeber all of those times. It is crazy how fast time flies when you are happy. Love you tons.

Jonna said...

I'm jealous that you have all those fabulous pictures of you & John. Kenny is 9 years older than I am, so I didn't even know him when I was in High School. What a great thing to look back on. The only things I was able to do, when we got married....was cut all the girls bodies out of all the dance pictures Kenny had laying around!!
So funny..at least I thought so.