Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I did it...

I bought the "Twilight" book. I'm sure I'm about the only one who hasn't read them so I'm starting tonight. I'm jumping on the band wagon and goin' for the ride...if they are as good as everyone says...I've made a deal with my cousin, Shayna, who lives in Utah and we are going to make a road trip out of it and we are going to meet her in Utah and go to the movie. So if ya want to read them - I guess you really don't need to read the books to see the movie - plan on going to Utah in November! Any one's welcome to go (well, no boys, sorry) the more the merrier!! Gosh, November will be here before we know it!! But in 11 days our anniversary will be here!! Are ya tired of wedding photos yet?? Today is of me and my bride maids...again you have to remember when we were married having a line at the reception and bridesmaids and best men is what you did. Today it's not that common to do that I guess...I don't really know.
(L-R) My mother-in-law, Betty, Heidi-friend, Ginger-friend, Stephanie- little sis, me, Mandie-little little sis, Jolene-friend, Lindsey-friend, and my mom. Aren't they beautiful??
My friends and sisters, love them all so much...
Oh la la...my something blue ;) John loved this part!!
John and I ran to town without the kids. Went to Burger King, went to Barnes & Nobles picked up the Twilight book, like I mentioned earlier, John got a magazine - Traditional Bow Hunter, then we ran to Lowe's at picked out a mirror, and bathroom fixtures for the bathroom. I'll get paint Friday and (everyone cross your toes and fingers) we may a have full functioning bathroom by the end of next week! YEA!! I made some yummy "Chocolate Crinkle Cookies" last night. They were a big hit. I'll post them on our recipe blog, try em' out. You won't be able to eat just one and you'll need a tall glass of cold milk to wash em' down!! Well, time to put on my "chauffeur hat" and take the kids to baseball and football practice, then take off that hat and put on my "chef apron", cook dinner, then the "maid outfit" as I clean up before bed time, then my "naughty nurse" outfit for John...Nooooo!! I'm kidding!! After my "maid outfit" I'm climbing into my raggy old nightie I've had for 11years and read my Twilight book, sorry babe...no "naughty nurse" tonight!! So thankful for...1) a hopefully good book to read 2) a few hours alone with John, running errands 3) bought more popsicles - root beer, banana, strawberry are my favorite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to read the "twilight" books...and see what all the excitement is! :) So see??! You aren't the last one to read them! I might just have to break down and go get them! Can I just tell you how much I love looking at your old pictures! It brings back so many memories...the hair, the clothes, the HAIR!! :) I remember being at your reception, and at the temple when you guys came out....it really doesn't seem all that long ago!!

Shayna said...

I love your blog... it is hilarious. You bring a smile to my face every day! The naughty nurse... Cameron would of loved that. He probably would want me to ask where you got it.. hehehe! I just realized you have my MOST FAVORTIE QUOTE on the side of you blog. From Nelson Madela. I had to give a talk on my Mission and I found that and it really has been my theme since. I sometimes have to sit back and remember that. I just might have to put that on my blog. I thought of it awhile ago but never got around to do it. It is so true, who are we to play small when we have so much to offer. Chris, you are brilliant, gorgeous, talent and fabulous. ( that is my favorite...Fabulous) Play small does NOBODY any good. You just brought back one of my most favorite memories and that is my mission... THanks!!

Shayna said...

You will also have to let me know what you think of the books... You really do fall for Edward!!

Jonna said...

I always come to your blog to get my "laugh for the day!" Your are so hillarious. The Naughty Nurse.....that's great. You & I had the same colors at our wedding...we must think alike!!!
Oh yeah...I love the books, I have read the first two and I'm half way through the third. I'm warning you, you can't put them down!

Jessica said...

Hi Chris, thank you so much for your cute comment on my blog. I love to hear from new people. How cute is your blog????
I am a BIG Twilight fan, I think I got Brandi into it too. I hope you like it! We also have a girls night planned for the movie - Can't wait!!
LOVE the wedding pictures - funny how times have changed!
You crack me up - Naughty Nurse!!!!