Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today...

is a much better day!! Yesterday as soon as the kids got home from school they were so demanding and had so much going on!! So much running here and there, picking up and dropping off, dinner, homework, mutual...I too am still adjusting to the kids being in school and have to start being organized for when they come home and yesterday I wasn't!! So I have to get my act together...today seems to be going much better!! Sunday we got together with my family and had a picnic at my mom and dads!! I know...we are always getting together and eating and celebrating something (good thing we don't drink cause it would get ten times as crazy as it already does)!! But this past week my little brother passed his journey mans test by plumbing a house all by himself ! So we planned a little surprise dinner at my parents house, but before dinner we presented him with a homemade award that dad made! For dinner my dad cooked dutch oven chicken and potatoes, there was salad, rolls, veggies, cucumbers and vinegar - my Grandam Fillmore's are to die for - making my mouth water just thinking about them, pop, and for dessert, Mike B. made 2 dutch oven cobblers...peach and apple spice w/ ice cream!!! Can I just tell you I ate like it was my last meal!! I was totally stuffed and it was sooo yummy!! It was a great evening and we laughed and visited! John started a fire toward evening and he didn't know dad had put the greasy paper towels in the fire pit already, so he threw a little gas on the wood to get it going, lit a match and...POOF!!! It burnt the hair on one of his arms and leg!! I have never seen that before..his hair was black and was stinky!! He was just glad he didn't have his face toward the fire, it could've got his beard!! Anyway I did take some pictures but he's like..."don't put those on your blog" and as tempting as it is, I better do what he asks!! He came home and shaved all the burnt hair off his one arm and and where it got his leg!! I do have to say though...his shaved arm is kinda sexy...you can really see his tan and all the muscle when he moves his arm, I'm kinda liken it (ohh, it's gettin' hot in here!!!) but I would hate the up keep and he's really not into that "foo foo" stuff...so now it's gettin' stubbly and startin' to grow back already!! Anyways, I'm babbling! Here's a few pictures of Sunday!!! I also watched this cute little dolly today for a few hours...her name is Mabry. She is my cousin Myka's baby!! Halle really enjoyed having her here and wanted her to play Polly's with her!! And Halle...this is what she was into while I was doing this post...she found this witches costume in the dress up box and has worn it all day!! And the last one is of her with her favorite treat in the whole world...a Hershey Chocolate bar!!! Her is so happy!! And yes...that's lunch on the counter I have yet to cleanup!! So I best go and get ready for the troops to come home!! So thankful for... 1) John survived his fire episode 2) today has been a better day 3) dinner is already in the crock pot.

6 comments:

Shayna said...

I was so excited when I saw little mabry!!! She is such a doll. You should have seen her in the swimming pool down here at the reunion. I love those cheeks!!!
I am glad things are getting back to normal. I have a week off of work and I am into the cleaning mood... so watch OUT!!!
When are you guys coming down!

Jessica said...

Crock pot dinner - YUMMY!! Way to go.
What a cute thing your family did for Blake. I LOVE the award - especially the 100 bucks - can't beat that!! What a great family you have. My mouth is watering over the dutch oven chicken and cobbler's - sheeeesh!

Oh and I love Halle's outfit!

Adrienne said...

What a fun get together. It's always fun to have a reason to eat! The dutch oven food sounds (and looks) delish! Halle is too cute.

Anonymous said...

ok...so I am alive!! Life has been CRAZY!! And I don't even have kids in school yet!!! AAAHHH!! But Kylee starts pre-school soon..she is so excited! Too bad we don't live over there...I would love her to go to your mom's for school! :) That dutch oven dinner looked amazing! :) I love your dad's dutch oven cooking! YUM! Cute little Halle in that halloween dress! She is too cute! So, we are coming over for labor day maybe...if it all works out! I would totally not mind if you talked to Lanae, and then maybe I could show her my stuff when we come over! Let me know..I am too chicken! :) Ok...well, I promise to try and post something new soon...talk to you soon!

Jessica said...

Hey Chris!

I made my blog private so... could you email me so I could send you an evite - if you'd like!
Thanks tons!

jessicadriggs@hotmail.com

Jonna said...

Wow....what a feast! I love Dutch oven food...so wonderful.
We are also very Proud of Blake!
What a guy. We have always had great faith in him!