Friday, August 15, 2008

We're surviving...

Hal and I are adjusting to the kids being in school. Other than the fact that Halle can not comprehend time. I need to figure something out to let her know when 3:00 is. With the kids being in school I forgot how much I can accomplish in 7 hours...it's kinda nice. Yesterday I really, really cleaned out the boys room. There was so much stuff shoved in so many places...underwear socks, candy wrappers, magazines, games, bowls, silverware, cups, pop cans, more clothes. I really tried to ignore it, you know let teenagers have their space, but I couldn't stand it. Things were growin' in there and it smelled like stinky boys!!! So I put on a gas mask, gloves, and armed myself with trash bags and Lysol!! Took me two hours but it looks so good. I ended up with two bags of garbage, a sink full of dishes, and a huge pile of out grown clothes and shoes!! I wanted to take a picture of my laundry room after I sorted all their dirty clothes but I was a little embarrassed. It was bad!! But it's goin' down, slowly...They were a little irritated that I was cleaning and sortin' and throwin' stuff away, but hey...I told em' if they didn't want me to do it then they'd have to!! So, well see what happens... I want to give a shout out to my little brother Blake. He is now a journeyman plumber. He passed his written test and had to plumb a house by himself and have it pass inspection. He did it!! Way to go Blake. We are so proud of you!! Now he's just waitin' for his official "card" in the mail. Looking forward to the weekend. Justin still needs a few school supplies, Hannah needs some headphones, and all the other stuff to do, pay bills, buy groceries, continue doing laundry and cleaning. I have sharing time this Sunday so I'll finish that up Saturday too. Off to fix dinner and get Justin ready for baptism's for the dead. So thankful for... 1) my boys' clean room 2) it's Friday and John's last day of work 3) the yard work is done for the weekend thanks to Jace and myself

2 comments:

Jonna said...

Now you have been a busy beaver! I remember over-hauling my girls rooms after I'd flip out! Trust me....girls can be just as sloppy.
Good luck on that Sharing time, and have a great weekend.

Shayna said...

I know it is a pain while you are doing the cleaning... but it feels so good after it is all done! That just reminded me that I need to do that! After the reunion... I really need to just get down and "FALL" clean. I am the type of person that needs to get in the mood. Once I am in the mood watch out... I clean everything. I am hoping that that mood comes soon!!!