Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's Sunday & National Granparent's Day...

and here's what we're up to today...it was Stake Conference today and I had good intentions on going but it didn't happen. They put in a new Stake Presidency, Eric Browning, Brian Searle, and Shawn Leckington, not real familiar with them but I'm sure they'll do awesome!! The other presidency was in there about ten years, a long time!! In other happenings...I spent the first half of the morning on the phone with Dell cause my computer wouldn't read my modem and after about an 1 1/2 we got it figured out!! The I look out the window and see my boys trying to get a football out of our pine tree out front... Jace's leg... Jace made it out ok... Here comes Justin... And yes, he went into the tree looking like this AND he knows I took this picture and am putting it on here... What am I going to do with them!! I told them they fall out of the tree and break their arms and legs I was not going to take them to the doctor! They headed down to their grandpa's to get a really long pole he has, but it looks like they've given up and are waiting for their dad to get home and help them!! And this is what the girls have been playing all day...Polly Pockets. And of course since it's Sunday and we didn't go to Stake Conference, we are all just hangin' out with crazy hair, mismatched clothes and all!! Today is also National Grandparents Day!!! So I want to tell my children's grandparents, my grandparents, great grandparents and my great grandma how much we love them!! My dad...a.k.a - Grandpa Carter My mom - a.k.a. Grandma Carter... My Grandpa Fillmore... My Grandma Fillmore... My Grandpa and Grandma Carter... My Great-Grandma Carter. She's 97...and beautiful.I don't have a picture of John's parents or his grandma who's 99!! My children are so blessed...they have both sets of grand parents on both sides, both sets of great-grandparent's on my side, a great-grandma on John's side, and a great-great-grandma on my side!! And they know and have a loving relationship with them all!! I love them all too and feel blessed also for the are all so giving and loving!! HAPPY GRANDPARENT'S DAY!!! So thankful for... 1) my parents and all of my grandparents 2) my boys didn't break their arms and legs 3) my favorite time of year is fast approaching

3 comments:

Jonna said...

What a great post! We also played hookie & didn't attend Stake conference. I feel a little guilty, but I haven't missed church at all...other than that! I have really enjoyed my day though. We have slept in, layed around and ate all day long. It doesn't get any better than that.

Shayna said...

That was such a great idea.,.. I copied!

Kimberly Davis said...

Our stake conference is next week - and I'm already planning on staying home - am I going to hell? All I know is that every Monday I spend all day long cleaning up after our Sunday Tornado!!! Sundays are seriously fabulous but I need then entire next day to recover!!!!