
I love the fair!!! John hates the fair!!! We would go every year while we were dating but after we got married, that was the end of that!! We went a few times and as much as I love going, I pick my battles and this was one I chose not to pick. Doesn't mean I didn't try every year!! Every year I would say..."are we going to the fair this year?" and he'd say..."no." Well this year I said "are we going to the fair this year?" and he said..."if ya want." YAHOOOO! You bet I do!! So we headed down Labor Day with my family. Grandma and Grandpa Carter gave each of the kids $5.00 to spend. We walked through the building, booths, did a little people watching - the are seriously some strange folks that come out of hiding to go to the fair, and enjoyed the yummy, greasy, calorie-laden, over priced fair food!! The kids rode a few rides and we ended up leaving due to the rain!! Friday John went back to work , the kids were out of school, and it was 2 for 1 wristband day for the rides, so me, Mandie, and Steph loaded up the kids and took them back down to the fair to ride the rides as much as they wanted!! Justin had left earlier that morning to go down with AG! I never thought I'd have a kid in AG, he even wants an AG jacket!! He really enjoys it! Him and his friends spent half their time super gluing quarters to the benches and then sat and watched people try to pick them up!! They thought it was hilarious!! So this year I got to go to the fair twice and had a great time!!! Here's just a few of the fair food we enjoyed, over our two day fair adventure...








And the rides... (click on the pictures to get a closer look)













Okay...this last ride, the Ferris wheel was what Halle wanted to ride the most. I thought no big deal!! So I took Halle, Hannah, and Carson on it!! This was the absolute scariest ride I have ever been on...

Hannah hated it and wanted off- this coming from a girl who was riding all the other scary and fast rides...I told her to sit in the floor and hold on to the center pole, Halle LOVED it and Carson was bored. Me...I couldn't breathe!! I hate heights...and when we were stopped at the top and swaying back and forth, I couldn't catch my breath. Carson wanted to come sit by me and I said "don't move, you'll rock it and add more weight on this side!" Halle asked me to not squeeze her hand so tight! And each time we passed the controller guy I almost asked him to stop the ride!! It was crazy scary!! But we made it through it with no harm done and I will never do it agian!! I did get a few pictures...



It was a great time and I know it will be a few years before we go back!! But after all the food we ate and "dough" we spent...we can wait a few years!! Off to do Saturdays chores...(like it's different from any other day). So thankful for... 1) going to the fair this year 2) cheescake on a stick - best idea EVER 3) that I made it off that stupid Ferris Wheel
3 comments:
Oh Chris....I seriously Love your blog posts!!!
You are so stinkin funny. The ferris wheel....Oh come on!!!
The pictures are priceless.
I didn't get Kenny to take me either. However I did talk Brandi & Chantri into buying me Cotton Candy twice! I ate both bags!!
If there was a 3rd.....I'd eat that too.
GREAT pictures! :) gotta love the fair! I was so happy to run into you guys there! I am in love with fair food...but wished I could go every day! I had to do some serious priority food control for a one day visit!! The ferris wheel story...that is awesome! :) That is actually the only ride we went on..well, the girls went on a couple kiddie rides..but Brooklyn did not love the ferris wheel..she kept saying, "down now mom!" Love the girls hair in those pics!! Very cute!
That pic of Hannah scared and Carson bored it hilarious (not for them I'm sure)! Glad you had a fun time.
Post a Comment