Monday, September 15, 2008

Look what we got...

a new car...no, new furniture...no, going on vacation...no. We finally got a new toilet in the upstairs bathroom!!! You would have thought we'd won the lottery...Hannah kept asking anyone that stopped by if they wanted to see our new potty, Halle spent 45 minutes on it the first morning..."just enjoying our new potty..."as she put it!! It has a lid that closes by itself, it's nice and white, clean, and shiny!! It a "tall boy", taller than most toilets, my tippy toes only touch the floor. John wanted a tall one so his legs don't fall asleep when he does his "reading", (probably more info than you wanted to know but that is really the reason behind it). But the king of the "castle" deserves a "throne" fit for a king :)! It is so great having a upstairs potty!! For a few days all of us kept going downstairs to use the potty, out of habit!! It is soooo nice not to have to trudge downstairs in the middle of the night!! We still need to get some light fixtures, do the trim, seal around the shower fixtures,towels, shower curtain, etc. I still don't know how I want to decorate it!! It's truly the simple things in life that bring our family joy!!! I don't know if it's great my kids can get so excited over a toilet or kinda sad. Oh well, it's a lot cheaper than a car, furniture, or a vacation and they seem just as thrilled!! Thanks to my great husband and all his hard work, he still has some work to do ;) and to my brother Blake, who installed the everything, you are awesome!! I'll post pictures when it's all done! Justin starts driving tomorrow in the driver's ed car !!! He is so excited. I told him "if you see me in the parking lot, I'm just snapping a few pictures!" He's like "MOM...no!" I just told him one day he'll appreciate me taking all these pictures of all these "moments" in his life!! I may be going overboard but hey, it's how I'm dealin' with my little chicks growin' up!! And I just realized I use ... and "" and !! alot. It adds..."drama"!! So thankful for... 1) our new treasure, the POTTY 2) my little brother who installed everything 3) the simple things in life.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I am excited FOR you! I love new things like that - especially when it is long awaited.
You will LOVE that toilet seat - just to let you know if it is like mine you should be able to remove the toilet seat to clean around it and then they just snap right back on - LOVE IT!! I love the higher toilets too, just not when you are trying to potty train a 2 year old BOY!! NOT cool!! Oh well....
Your husband and mine would surely get along Ggggreeat. Both big hunters and reads on the toilet for what seems like an hour!!! I just don't get it!

Mandie said...

I am so excited for you. It is about time(JK). Your bathroom looks really good. Nice job John and Blake.

Adrienne said...

you are so funny...but I totally get the excitement. One of the things we are looking forward to most in our new house is having more than one potty! It will be better than Christmas!

Jonna said...

I remember how excited we were when we finished another bathroom downstairs. There is nothing like a new toilet!! It sure is nice having a plumbers in the family. Yeah Blake! Good luck on that new driver. That will be really nice for you when he can help with errands. I promise I will get that iron to Shan soon! It's been my hard clean day today.

Brandi said...

I remember last year when we decided that the old blue toilet just needed to go...I WAS THRILLED! I don't know that I had been that excited in a while! I even loved cleaning that white toilet! How wonderful that you don't have to make that dark trip down the stairs. I seriously don't get the reading time on the toilet...Jason seriously could spend hours sitting on the toilet! I just don't get it...I am on and off...no time waisted there! LOL!!!

Kimberly Davis said...

Congrats on your new Potty....P.S. Wes asks if John picked the music (we are currently listening to A few of my favoite things) Did John have any success hunting??? (Wes also wants to know what permits John has...)