Friday, September 19, 2008

Tater Tot Trot...

are a few of the activities they have to kick off Spud Day which is tomorrow. Hannah ran in the Tater Tot Trot and did great!! They had orange slices, bananas, water, and buttered bread for the kids for before and after the race. She was in the 9-10 year girl division and she had to run 3 times around the track and was in 3rd till she started to do her 3rd lap and lost a little steam!! She had her brothers runnin' beside her, cheerin' her on and she finished 5th place!! They also put all the numbers in a bag and drew for prizes and she won a bag of goodies!! I am so proud of her...she really did give it her all and didn't quit!! Good job Hannah...we are so proud of you and love you so much!!Braxton my nephew also ran in the 7-8 year old boys division and he took first place!! He did awesome. We are so proud of him also and love him so much!! Tomorrow is Spud Day! Jace has a game at 10:30 so we'll miss the parade but mom will take the girls and we'll meet up at noon for a free baked potato!! Hannah's school is doing a booth, a basketball shoot and I have to help set that up and work there for a while, have some more yummy food, walk around, and then watch the Spud-Tug at 3:00. John and the boys will probably go to the demolition derby and the girls and I will stay home! After spending all day at Spud Day I'm tired and even though I don't mind a good demolition derby (I am a red neck, trailer trash gal at heart... I would actually love to be in the powder puff one) the boys can go sit on the side lines with their dad in the fire truck and I don't have to worry about the girls getting hurt or in the way! John goes every year with the fire department so he gets in free! A perk!! I want to tell of the time when John was actually RAN OVER by a demolition car - so scary - but I'll save that for another day!! We also went to Preston yesterday for Justin's football game. It was alot of fun!! Justin had a really good game and they finally scored...the last couple of games they have lost without even scoring, so this time at least they scored. It was 33 to 12!! Justin catching a pass... We also had a little excitement on they way home...I told John I wouldn't put this on my blog but he doesn't read it, which doesn't make it right but I thought it was funny!! He was just pissed at the situation!! It involved this... Halle being scared to death cause there was a policeman behind us... this fine young officer, (I think he was 15 and his partner was 13)... And a ticket as we drove off!! Get the picture??? I was going to jump out and run across the street and take a picture but that pissed John off even more...he told me they would think I was tryin' to "flee" and I'd get shot!!! That never entered my mind, I was just thinkin' about my blog!! Needless to say it was a quite a ride home!! So thankful for... 1)that young officer...he was very kind 2)I bought the girls their Halloween costumes today, that's outta the way 3)John is slooooowly starting to talk to me again.

5 comments:

Mandie said...

Congrats! Hannah I am so proud of you that is alot of work and you did great! You also look really cute in all of your running stuff. Justin you look pretty good to in your football stuff hopefully I make to one of his games before the season is over. And for John it happens to all fo us you were his lucky customer that day. I have to laugh at Halle she looks so funny, I bet she didn't move the rest of the way home. I love that girl she is so darn cute. See you guys at Spud Day, can't believe it is already here where does the time go?

Mandie said...

Congrats! Hannah I am so proud of you that is alot of work and you did great! You also look really cute in all of your running stuff. Justin you look pretty good to in your football stuff hopefully I make to one of his games before the season is over. And for John it happens to all fo us you were his lucky customer that day. I have to laugh at Halle she looks so funny, I bet she didn't move the rest of the way home. I love that girl she is so darn cute. See you guys at Spud Day, can't believe it is already here where does the time go?

Shayna said...

OH how I miss spud day... I really have to get cameron and the kids up there one year. I talk about it and they all look at me like I am a freak! You really never have a good baked potato until you wait in a long line at spud day... they are the best! Congrats Hannah... you are off to a good start in the running world. Keep it up, it is a lot of fun. That is hilarious about getting pulled over. The best part was Halle's face! I totally know how she feels. Those darn cops bring the butterflies out! Cant wait to see you next weekend! We will take tons of pictures for our blogs!

Jessica said...

That is awesome that you have "Spud Day". We have nothing like that. How fun! And, way to go Hannah and Justin!! What a great supportive family you have!

I think the whole 15 year old cop thing is hilarious. I would have totally wanted to do the same thing if I were you! Just wanting to capture a days worth of journaling with pictures - right?!!

Jonna said...

Great job Hannah!!!
Only you Chris would think of taking pictures of cops! You are so hillarious. This weather is really stinkin for your Spud days today. It is pouring here as I type. Love your blog!