was a little wet but still great!! John and I missed the parade cause Jace had a football game so we went to that, Justin rode in the fire truck with Grandpa Carter, and Hannah and Halle went to the parade with mom and Steph. We met up about 12:30 and had a free baked potato - I know you can cook your own at home but they taste so good with the cheese and butter and sour cream!! I think we all had about four, I know Jace had five and Justin had about eight!! We walked around and the girls bought a princess crown, a necklace, rode the pony wagon, and the little train!! It rained off and on a few times so the kids didn't get to do any of the bouncy toys. I had to help in Hannah's schools PTO booth for a while and John took Halle home. Around 2:30 it REALLY started to pour! So we packed things up and called it a day. It started to clear up again so John came back and got me and we went and grabbed a Prime Steer, a yummy double patty hamburger with ham, cheese, onions, and pickles...they have a booth at the fair but we always wait till Spud Day to have one!! Justin, Jace, and Hannah stuck around to watch the Spud-Tug, where they fill a big pit with mashed potatoes and they have tug-of-war. It's always alot of fun but I was soaked and cold. John and the kids headed to the demolition derby and Hal and I stayed home where it is nice and dry and warm!!!! Here's a few pictures of our day...
This is John and his parents...
It was a fun day. Now the next adventure is a girls trip to Salt Lake this Friday and Saturday!! Even Grandma Fillmore is coming!! We laugh and laugh!! Mandie and I went to Chili's last Wednesday after the Miss Russet pageant and Hannah and Halle went with us, Steph met up with us after the pageant (which she was in charge of and did an awesome job). Well we were talking and laughing and having fun, and laughing some more when Hannah said..."I can't wait till Halle and I can go to dinner as sisters when we are grown-up and laugh like you guys!!" I can't wait either...I just hope they invite their old mom to tag along... So thankful for... 1) my sisters, mom, and grandma who I do have a lot of fun with and laugh with 2) a nice warm, long, hot, shower 3) tomorrow is Sunday, a day of rest...and I'm going to take that literally, resting all day!!
3 comments:
What a fun day!! It rained here in Driggs pretty good too!
A full loaded baked potato sounds pretty yummy!!
I love the character picture - what a fun idea.
Have so much fun in Salt Lake. Hannah, said it perfect didn't she??!! I wish that too~ when I have a little girl of course.
I can't believe that I missed Spud Day today, I have never missed one, but I guess that when your kids get older you have a change in plans. Love the little picture of Hannah, that will be a good memory. I just have to say that I love going place with you, Steph and mom I always have a good laugh and I need that ever once in awhile. Love you tons and can't wait for this weekend can you say Fuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
I can't believe that I missed Spud Day today, I have never missed one, but I guess that when your kids get older you have a change in plans. Love the little picture of Hannah, that will be a good memory. I just have to say that I love going place with you, Steph and mom I always have a good laugh and I need that ever once in awhile. Love you tons and can't wait for this weekend can you say Fuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
Post a Comment