Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Carnvin' pumpkins...
We carved pumpkins Sunday night and how I love doing it (not)! I didn't get any pictures of the actual carving cause my hands were covered in pumpkin goop but here they are all done...
Justin carved the headless horseman...
Jace carved a witch stirring her pot...
Hannah carved a cat...
Halle carved a ghost...
The boys were able to carve their own but the girls need some help. It was fun, just messy!! Justin also got his braces off yesterday! I remember the day I got mine off. you just kept running your tongue over your teeth cause they were so smooth and he did the same...well to celebrate I took him to McDonald's for some breakfast {consisting of 2 sausage mcmuffins, 2 hash browns, & a large juice} and he headed back to school. He gets his retainers tomorrow ~ permanent ones!!
And it's official...he got his driver's permit today!!! I told John we will now get "chauffeured" every where we go!! We have our own driver! But I haven't driven to Idaho Falls with him yet...I'm going to be a nervous wreck!! He's a good driver but I am not a good passenger. Even when John drives I'm either tellin' him to slow down, speed up, watch out or "gasping" at other drivers {a trait I inherited from my Grandma Fillmore, she gasps all the time at anything when your driving with her, bless her heart} so wish me luck! I know when I pick him up today from football the first words outta his mouth will be "can I drive"? Today is our ward carnival. Know what that means? I don't have to cook dinner!! Yea! They have fun games for the kids and lots of goodies. John went down to out some tree stands in by the river and might go hunting...I ask him what is more fun...going to the ward carnival with your family or going hunting? What do you think his answer was...he told me he would rather go to the carnival with his sweet, family and hunting can wait, it's not that important! YEA RIGHT!!! He actually gave me the spill about how the deer only come out at night and he never has time to go and blah, blah, blah! I was just pulling his chain. I really don't care if he goes. He works so hard for our family and gives all he has that a few months out of the year can be his. Now his hobby of collecting old bows is another thing...;) Well, I best get going, Halle fell asleep and took a short nap, John will be home in a few, and the kids will be home shortly. So thankful for...1) all that I have 2) 1 party down 2 to go 3) John cleaned the garage yesterday, put up all the bikes, swept, and put all the summer stuff away. He's a keeper!! I was tagged by Jessica, "8 tag", and am going to do that tomorrow! I love being tagged! So watch out cause I might tag "YOU"! Thanks Jessica!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those pumpkins are AWESOME!!!! I like the headless horsemen - I have never seen that carved into a pumpkin before. AND, there was a man that lived down the road a ways from my parents house growing up and his Nickname was the Headless Horseman. BECAUSE, he SWORE he saw the headless horseman one night cross the river. SO.... a few weeks later he moved his house across the river so he wouldn't have to see him anymore!! WOW - crazy.... right??!!
I remember when I got my braces off too. I could actually use braces again, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. I didn't get those permanent retainers so maybe that's why!
Have fun at the carnival! I couldn't believe that John would choose carnival over hunting - your so funny! Sounds like Seth. Oh well, I am down to the last month - I think!!
Can't wait to read your 8's!!
way cool pumpkins!
AWESOME pumpkins. It sounds like you like craving pumpkins as much as I do. My mom had a great idea this year... we just poked eyes and stuff in ours! The kids loved it.
MAN, Justin has had a great week... birthday, braces off and drivers permit. Remember when life was so easy and fun! Good luck with the driving and tell him awesome smile!
love the punkins!! :) Andy hates carving pumpkins....it is like pulling teeth trying to get them done!!! I can't believe Justin is 15!!! Happy late birthday! :) Braces off and drivers permit!! Wow!! Busy week...hope you guys have a great Halloween "week" and can't wait to see pics of the cuties all dressed up!
Post a Comment