Friday, October 10, 2008

Football...

has come to an end for Jace's team. They had a game against Rigby Wednesday night and lost by 1 point. They were so bummed. It was the first game of the playoffs and now they are out!! One lady made some individual signs for the parents with the boys numbers on each of them and we made a bag of bubble gum, laffy taffy, and extreme sour candys, and a cute ~ I guess I shouldn't say "cute"when it's concerning football, how 'bout a "go get 'em" saying... We are very proud of you Jace! You played hard, was a great team player, made some awesome plays, runs, catches, and touchdowns!! We love you so much!! Justin had a couple of practices this week, no games, they had a bye!! One practice was at 6:30 in the morning and Justin IS NOT a morning person. But he got himself up and ready and came and woke me up (he gets it from me cause I am so NOT a morning person) and I ran him to practice (then came home and crawled back into bed for an hour)!! Anyway as I was cleaning the house later on that afternoon this is what I came upon...he was out...like a light!!He's all wrapped up in a afghan my mom made for John and when we got married. It's his favorite blanket. He sleeps with it every night! Ya can't really tell but when my mom made it we were traveling to Lake Havasu to go boating and she crocheted it on the way down...well she got carried away with the length, so it's like 29 feet long {exaggerating for drama} and 3 feet wide {again drama} cause she would still be crocheting today is she made it as wide as it was long! So we always tease her that you can't lay side by side and cover up two people but you have to lay foot to foot cause it's so long. So it works great for Justin, cause he is so tall! Any-hoo, he slept for a good three hours and still was able to sleep through the night! Today they both went to Lagoon for...They have some friends that just moved up from Utah.
They have a son Justin's age, Dalton and a son Jace's age, Dakota and they have become pretty good friends. ! Jace was a little worried about the haunted houses but was still pretty excited. And finally...guess what? Our car odometer turned to 100,000 miles tonight and of course I had to take some pictures...here it is at 99,999... and at 100,000!! Our car has a 100,000 miles on it! And we sure don't know what to do...John needs a new car ~ desperately ~ yet we'd like to upgrade and get something a little bigger or keep this ( it's paid for, has been for a few years) and get John a truck...we don't know what to do!!! Decisions, decisions...John and I are not good at making decisions!!! But we need to do something!! We'll decide later ;) !! I'm turning in early tonight. John has a haircut in the morning at 7:30 so that'll get us up and going!! So thankful for... 1) Jace had a good football season and made it through without no major injuries 2) John starts his four days off tomorrow ~ I love having him home 3) my down comforter ~ I am going to go get John and snuggle underneath it right now ..."John, where are you?"

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Way to go Jace!!! Sorry that it has all come to an end though. Those are the cutest (yes I am using cute) things ever!!! You guys are such great moms. Good Luck on the car choosing!!!