Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cabin wrap up...

Saturday at the cabin it rained most of the day...but that didn't stop us from goin' for a ride. We bundled up and headed out... As soon as we got back John and I went for a loooong ride in the rhino. It was cold but I was warm, I had on two sweatshirts, gloves, and a blanket. I had both sweatshirt hoods on and tied tight around my face!! We went on several different trails and saw some deer and found this beautiful little spot way back in... As soon as we were coming in to the cabin we ran into Mike and the boys...Mike S. had Braxton on the back of the four-wheeler and he looked like he was crying. Long story short this is what happened...poor kid broke his collar bone!! They had to make a quick trip to Rexburg and he broke it good!! He was riding the old train track trail that has lots of whoopey-doos and hit it just right and it threw him sideways and the rest is history. He was a trooper, ya just can't bump him!! The rest of the day was spent just hanging out, dogs and all...Sunday we headed home, it was still raining. We drove home the Mesa Falls way and it was beautiful. My pictures don't even beging to capture how beautiful and bright and gorgeous the trees were... We stopped and fed the fish at warm river, but it was so cold, so we threw them a few slices of bread and headed for home!! So thankful for... 1) we were able to spend a few days with all of my family - I love them all. One of my favorite quotes is..."Family is like fudge...really sweet but full of nuts" or something like that 2) that we live so close to the mountains 3) the changing of the seasons...I have a favorite thing about all of them but FALL is by far my favorite!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

HOW FUN!!! What a great time with family for sure! I love all your pictures. My boys would love that place.... ridin' dirt bikes!!
I had to laugh at Halle and how she opens up everything in your kitchen. SO glad you documented it.

Brandi said...

I am so glad that you have that to escape to. Looks like so much fun!