Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yea!!

Justin passed his drivers test this morning!! He now has about 6 more hours of driving with the instructor and then he can drive with an adult ~ meaning me or his dad or grandparents, aunts or uncles...he is so excited!! He'll need about 50 hours of driving and has to wait 6 months to get his license which will be around April!! I am so excited for him. He's refereed some flag football games last night and before he started he asked if I could run and grab him a pop and some seeds for him and his friends and I said sure!! Later on that night I was in town and he called me on my cell phone and said..."Mom, I just want to thank you for always doing stuff for me and my friends. I really appreciate it. You always do so much for me and I need to be better about doing the stuff you ask me to do." After I picked my jaw up off the floor...I told him thank you and how much I loved him!! He's a good kid...still a teenager, but a good kid!! I pray every night that he will continue making the right choices and that John and I can handle things the right way when he exercises that thing called free agency and makes mistakes!! I know he'll make mistakes, we all do, I just want him to learn from them, know his dad and I are always here for him, no matter what, and we will help him through anything!! That goes for all my little ones!! Any-whooo...I have to run Justin his football stuff after lunch and want to take him a piece of cheesecake ~ his favorite ~ for passing his test and have a little celebration at dinner so I best get busy...have to do all that, pay bills, clean my house, take Jace some lunch money, and everything else under the sun ~ or with the weather today...clouds ;)

2 comments:

Jonna said...

You always have the sweetest posts. You are a great Mom!!
It helps so much when they can drive a bit....expensive insurance though. Wow, they grow up so fast.

Jessica said...

WHOO HOO Justin!!! Way to go! That is seriously a big accomplishment!

I LOVE that he loves you so much - Enough to tell you of his gratitude. How stinkin' sweet. I hope my boys will be sweet like that too.
Such a cute post!

I just got done paying bills too - YUCK!!!