He was really nervous all day Monday and Tuesday but he just kept tellin' his dad and me "I'm going to do my best and work really hard and we'll see what happens." But last night as HE WAS DRIVING there he told me he was so nervous! He called about 9:30 last night and pretended to be really upset {he's done this to us every year} and my heart just drops, but then he's like..."no...I made it! Can we order my Nike's?" It's been a deal that when he makes the team he gets new basketball shoes, so we're going to order those today {along with a $60.00 practice uniform and $50.00 pay~to~play}!! A size 12 shoe no less, John couldn't believe he was in a 12. He's almost caught up to John who wears a 13 and I'm sure will pass him here in a year or so!! And he gets to go to Rupe's {a yummy burger joint in Blackfoot} with his Grandma and Grandpa Carter...another "tradition" that started after he made the 7th and 8th grade teams, so he's lookin' forward to that!! I'm really proud of him and and all that he's involved with...he was also put in as 2nd counselor in his young mens quorum and is still keeping up on all his schoolwork. Sometimes I tend to forget how stressful being a teenager can be, there is alot for them to deal with and handle and juggle, so I tell him often how much I love him and how proud I am of him and before he leaves I tell him to "make good choices"!! I also know that being a teenager he'll make mistakes, but that he knows that his dad and I are ALWAYS there for him and he can turn to his Heavenly Father for help with anything also!! So thankful for...1) Justin made the team 2) John's last day of work is today 3) my kids...as much as they make me "crazy" sometimes, I love them more than I could ever put into words. And I made a yummy SUPER EASY chicken dinner last night ~ Catalina Chicken. Go here for the recipe.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
After a few stessful...
and nerve wracking days...Justin made the freshman basketball team!!
He was really nervous all day Monday and Tuesday but he just kept tellin' his dad and me "I'm going to do my best and work really hard and we'll see what happens." But last night as HE WAS DRIVING there he told me he was so nervous! He called about 9:30 last night and pretended to be really upset {he's done this to us every year} and my heart just drops, but then he's like..."no...I made it! Can we order my Nike's?" It's been a deal that when he makes the team he gets new basketball shoes, so we're going to order those today {along with a $60.00 practice uniform and $50.00 pay~to~play}!! A size 12 shoe no less, John couldn't believe he was in a 12. He's almost caught up to John who wears a 13 and I'm sure will pass him here in a year or so!! And he gets to go to Rupe's {a yummy burger joint in Blackfoot} with his Grandma and Grandpa Carter...another "tradition" that started after he made the 7th and 8th grade teams, so he's lookin' forward to that!! I'm really proud of him and and all that he's involved with...he was also put in as 2nd counselor in his young mens quorum and is still keeping up on all his schoolwork. Sometimes I tend to forget how stressful being a teenager can be, there is alot for them to deal with and handle and juggle, so I tell him often how much I love him and how proud I am of him and before he leaves I tell him to "make good choices"!! I also know that being a teenager he'll make mistakes, but that he knows that his dad and I are ALWAYS there for him and he can turn to his Heavenly Father for help with anything also!! So thankful for...1) Justin made the team 2) John's last day of work is today 3) my kids...as much as they make me "crazy" sometimes, I love them more than I could ever put into words. And I made a yummy SUPER EASY chicken dinner last night ~ Catalina Chicken. Go here for the recipe.
He was really nervous all day Monday and Tuesday but he just kept tellin' his dad and me "I'm going to do my best and work really hard and we'll see what happens." But last night as HE WAS DRIVING there he told me he was so nervous! He called about 9:30 last night and pretended to be really upset {he's done this to us every year} and my heart just drops, but then he's like..."no...I made it! Can we order my Nike's?" It's been a deal that when he makes the team he gets new basketball shoes, so we're going to order those today {along with a $60.00 practice uniform and $50.00 pay~to~play}!! A size 12 shoe no less, John couldn't believe he was in a 12. He's almost caught up to John who wears a 13 and I'm sure will pass him here in a year or so!! And he gets to go to Rupe's {a yummy burger joint in Blackfoot} with his Grandma and Grandpa Carter...another "tradition" that started after he made the 7th and 8th grade teams, so he's lookin' forward to that!! I'm really proud of him and and all that he's involved with...he was also put in as 2nd counselor in his young mens quorum and is still keeping up on all his schoolwork. Sometimes I tend to forget how stressful being a teenager can be, there is alot for them to deal with and handle and juggle, so I tell him often how much I love him and how proud I am of him and before he leaves I tell him to "make good choices"!! I also know that being a teenager he'll make mistakes, but that he knows that his dad and I are ALWAYS there for him and he can turn to his Heavenly Father for help with anything also!! So thankful for...1) Justin made the team 2) John's last day of work is today 3) my kids...as much as they make me "crazy" sometimes, I love them more than I could ever put into words. And I made a yummy SUPER EASY chicken dinner last night ~ Catalina Chicken. Go here for the recipe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats! Justin that is awesome. I am so excited to come watch you play. And by the way you are not a good actor. (JK) Love ya tons.
Way to GOOOOO Justin!!!! That is great! I played High School basketball and so I remember THAT day of yes or no!! What a great man you have Chris! AND, size 12 - that is CRAAAZZZYY!!
I just have to tell you that I needed to email Chantri about some pictures and decided to check out her photography website and there was your CUTE family!!
LOVE EM'! YOU look great in all of them. I love your family pictures, but the ones of you and your hubby are WAY too cute!
Just had to give you a shout out!
Post a Comment