Saturday, November 22, 2008

Went to see "Twilight"...

and I loved it!! Mandie and I had tickets for the 12:30 movie. We got there about 11:45 and stood in line ~ freezing ~ for about 15 minutes and then went in.Mike's sister met us and we waited till about 1:00 till they finally started the movie and left the theater around 3:00 a.m. Here's my review of the movie..."It was a little slow at the beginning, I was surprised at a few of the characters, the Japanese kid who played one of Bella's new friends{can't remember who}, and that Laurent was black. I didn't mind, was just a little surprised mostly because of the way I pictured when I read the book. At the beginning I was a little bugged by Edward, but he SO grew on me...and at times he was pretty funny and charming, the acting was some what lacking at times, but they stuck pretty true to the book. I thought Carlisle had on a little too much powder, Jasper was a little bug eyed at times, and Jacob was that boy from "Shark Boy and Lava Girl" so that movie kept rollin' in my head every time I saw him ~ and he had really white teeth. Overall I loved it! A movie is never as the same as the books and I thought they did pretty good. I can't wait to see the next one and now that I've seen the first one and "know" the characters I will know what to expect for the next one." So there ya go... I am a 35 year old nerdy, wife & mom and a Twilight Fan. I am addicted. I will buy the movies when they come out on DVD ~ unless by chance the other two suck, but I doubt they will. Thanks for going with me Mandie! It was fun {though the string cheese and water sucked..I wanted POPCORN}!! I also went to the Unique Boutique today at Bonneville High School. Dropped about a $100.00 but I got a few things for Christmas for the girls, bought my self a watch, the one you can pick the face and interchange the bands ~ a cute pink, green, & brown one. This is actually the first time in many years I actually broke down and bought stuff. Usually I just go and browse. Jace has a game tonight at 8:30 so I have about 7½ hours to do bills, clean house ~ Jace made waffles while I was gone and overfilled the waffle maker so there is waffle mix everywhere~ do laundry, clean the girls room ~ they have this habit of changing and trying on every piece of clothing in their closets and then just throwing it on the floor, and to quote Hannah..."it's just sooo much work to clean it and hang everything back up". If anyone has any suggestions on how to get a 9 and 4 year old girls to clean their rooms, please send them my way!! Love em' more than jellybeans and lollipops but either they are way spoiled or lazy little ladies!! {I know and it's my fault cause I let them get a way with it}! Ohh, what do ya do!! Either deal with it or start drinkin' ~ and we don't make enough to start drinkin' ;) so I'm off to deal with it! Anyway it's going to get busy ~ as soon as I finish this post ~ things will be flying and kids will probably be screamin' ~ you know with the usual "that's not mine, he did it, he got it out, she played with it last, why can't she help, I unloaded the dishwasher last week" and on and on and on!! But that my life, it's crazy and I love it!! So thankful for...1) Saturdays ~ especially a day like today 2) bought a few things for Christmas 3) Thanksgiving is in 6 days. And some really exciting news...I 'm going to be an aunt again!! Blake and Shannon are expecting their first baby around June or August of next year!! We are so happy for them!! Congratulations guys!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad you had fun at Twilight. Just by watching the previews Edward is NOT what I had imagined. I can't wait to see it - although it won't be this weekend! It's is Deegan's birthday!!! Whoot Whoot!

Good Luck on cleaning the house with the kids. I only have 2 and I totally get it!

Congrats Blake and Shannon! They are such a cute couple!

Mandie said...

I have alot of fun going with you to see Twilight. Thanks for a great night. Love ya tons!


Cute background! Gets you right inot the Christmas spirit!

Shayna said...

Glad that you had fun at twilight. I really liked it. I agree with you on a lot of your comments... for some reason I totally imagined Laurent as black so that wasnt surprising for me. I may have seen a picture on IMDB when I was in the middle of reading the book to put that thought into my mind.. I cant remember! Edward totally grew on me and now I think he was perfect for the part... nobody could have done a better job. I agree about the white make-up... and Edward in the first hospital seen had WAY to much lipstick on. But like I have told people I went because of the story that I love... and all that other stuff just doesnt matter!
I am sad that I missed the Boutique:( I love those watches with the beads... I have a couple of them! Way fun!

Stephanie said...

Kinda bummned I wasn't there glad you had fun though.

Jonna said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the movie....I probably will have to wait and buy the DVD. You are also very brave to post about the new one.....Shannon told me not to yet! My Mom....made us kids pay a quarter to fifty cents to get back our clothes that we left on the floor, or didn't hang up. It got our attention fast. That was a lot of candy money!