Since John worked Thanksgiving I put a turkey in before we went to church. It smelled soooo good! You could actually smell it outside as you were coming up to the house!! We had turkey, potatoes, beans, raspberry jello, rolls, cranberry drink, and gravy ~ I didn't make stuffing cause no one beside me really likes it! They "gobbled" it right up! My gravy turned out delicious...John {and now the boys} call me the "gravy boat queen"! It took me a few years into our marriage before I finally got the gravy making down ~ but now I can make some good gravy! Spent the day finishing up some laundry, taking a short nap, and finalizing the kids Christmas lists! I am really excited for Christmas ~ starting tomorrow I am going to try and do a "daily devotional" that includes a daily goal, i.e visit someone who is sick or lonely, do an anonymous deed, etc., a scripture, and a song. There's one for each day in December. I got the idea here, one of my favorite websites!! Any~hoo...going to go and put the kids to bed and play games with John {wink~wink}not those kinda games silly... I'm thinkin' Rummikub or Scrabble!! So thankful for...1) a very pleasant and uneventful Sunday 2) John just finished up the dinner dishes 3) 25 days till Christmas...so remember..."Even better than catching the Christmas spirit is allowing the Christmas spirit to catch you."
No comments:
Post a Comment