Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Football Banquet, Sugar Cookies, & Chrismas...
Justin had a football banquet last night {and of course I forgot my camera}. They had a really nice dinner, dessert, and recognized all the teams! It was a fun night! John and I could not be prouder of Justin! Made sugar cookies with Halle today! Her loves to cook!!

Then we frosted them...
And then we ate them!!!
They turned out pretty good! I also used the left over frosting and made some graham crackers with frosting in the middle and whipped up a batch of Carmel Chex Mix!! Since I've started this diet I've been cookin' up a storm!! John comes home after work to these HUGE plates of dinner and dessert! He's always like... "I can't eat like this" but he finishes every bite!! He loves my cooking and that makes my heart happy!! At the banquet last night as he was eating he leaned over and said..."I sure love your cooking!" :) Christmas is up on the inside and I want to put a few more light outside ~ but it's cold! Here's our tree!!
Our train ~ Jace loves this train! I can go in any night and find him playing around with it!!
And here's "Yukon Cornelius"....remember my comparison between him and John and they're beards?
And John still hasn't shaved it!!! It's getting pretty long and it doesn't help that he takes the hair brush and combs it upwards and makes it super bushy!! I'll have to snap a picture!!
And I wanted to take a few pictures of a few ornaments that are pretty special!! Our tree is pretty much "coordinated" with a candy cane type theme!! Now I wish I was one of those moms that could just throw all different kinds of ornaments on there and let the kids decorate it ~ they do help ~ and have years of ornaments that the kids have made ~ they are kept in a box...but I can't! It makes me nervous to have it all "crazy"! Like I said I wish I could and I've tried...but I just can't!! But there are a few ornaments that go on every year ~ 5 to be exact!! They are...
Me and John's first Christmas together ~ 1997...
Justin's ornament the year he was born...
Jace's ornament from the year he was born...
Hannah's ornament the year she was born...
And Halle's ornament the year she was born...
I hope they last through the years and that they can put them on their trees!! And hopefully not be so neurotic about their trees as I am!! So thankful for...1) we have a small dent in our Christmas shopping 2) baking cookies with my daughter 3) my children and remember..."It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air." ~ W.T. Ellis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YOU forgot the camera??!!!
What cute pictures of Halle. Kayden always likes to help me in the kitchen, but LOVES to make and bake cookies with Grandma Driggs. I bet they tasted yummy!
I love the theme on your tree. I am kinda the same way. I put up a little Christmas tree in the boys' room and they got to decorate it with all of their ornaments.
I especially LOVE the train. How cute!
I am sitting in my house - all the lights off but the Christmas tree lights - LOVE it!!
Post a Comment