Saturday, December 27, 2008
Let's start with...
Christmas Eve day ~ the first of many LONG posts! We have a family tradition where we go to pizza and then bowling Christmas Eve...well this year my brother~in~law, Mike, bought a 17 lb. prime rib to have for dinner Christmas Eve night, so we went to pizza and bowling for lunch!! What fun!! We went to Godfather's for pizza and I was really surprised...haven't been there for a while and they had a really good buffet with pizza, salad, soup, bread sticks, and the yummiest of all...dessert pizza ~ cherry and apple! It was so yummy!! Then we headed to bowling!! I'll let the pictures do the talking...{we missed you Blake, Shannon, & dad, who all had to work}








John and the boys headed home to get the prime rib ready...Mike said he'd buy it if John cooked it! He rubbed TONS of different spices on it, cooked it 500ยบ for ½ hour the it took about 6½ to cook it! It was so worth it and so good! We had bakers, salad, corn, rolls, pies. We have now added a new tradition ~ prime rib dinner on Christmas Eve! Thanks Mike! My Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore came over and Santa made a surprise visit!! I have so many pictures of the kids with Santa that I wanted to share these...
This is my Grandpa Fillmore...he asked for happiness and for all of his family to get along and love each other and told Santa that this would probably be his last Christmas. Santa wasn't sure what to say and we were all kinda speechless...
and my Grandma Fillmore...I think she was "flirtin'"with Santa...
Dad...he wanted the "naughty girl" list... ;)
And mom...we all started singing "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus..." cause all she said she wanted was a big kiss from Santa!!
And of course we always open 1 present on Christmas Eve ~ any guesses what it is??


Jammies!!! We cleaned up headed home and the kids anxiously crawled into bed while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads {or snowboards or PSP's or Barbie's}! It was a great Christmas Eve...followed by an even better Christmas Day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't believe it's been here and now is gone. I love spending time with my family. The spirit is so wonderful when we are all together, yes I know that we are all loud, but you can still feel that wonderful spirit there. And feel all the the love that we have for each other. Thanks for the wonderful Christmas. I love all of you guys. Now time to plan the New Year's Eve Party!
Post a Comment