Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This Christmas break is...

flyin' by way too fast!! John goes back to work in four days and the kids go back to school in 6! It's been nice, just busy!! Friday I went to town with my sisters and did a little after Christmas shopping...didn't get much, just stocked up on wrapping paper ~ the awesome kind at Sam's that is like 10 lb. roll and is nice and thick, was $13 a roll, got it for $4.20 ~ boxes, bows, and tags, and went to lunch! Saturday the boys went snowboarding and had a blast!! They came home tired and sore! Justin did a few 360ºs and Jace learned to carve down the "Face" at Kelly's. Here's a few pictures of them already to go...Sunday we slept in and missed church {shame, shame on us ~ I know} and we just spent the day hanging out. Monday and today was spent at a basketball tournament Jace had. Yesterday they won both their gamesand won both games today including the championship!!The second game was a little close but they pulled it off!! My memory card was almost full so I only got a few of the kids getting their trophies...
I also gave blood today and they always say no strenuous exercise or heavy lifting today {wink, wink} so I took it easy! Needless to say the house fell apart, but it was nice to have somewhat of a break ~ I guess! The girls are just hanging' out and followin' us to all the games...they love their DS's and they keep them pretty entertained, along with a treat and a drink! Justin has had practice and has a game in Preston Saturday! So it doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon!! Gonna spend tomorrow getting ready for New Year's Eve ~ goin' over to Steph's for dinner and games. A big shout out to them and a huge thanks for always hosting the family gatherings! Here's to a great new year! May it bring you peace, joy, happiness, and all that you deserve and desire!

4 comments:

Mandie said...

Congrats Jace! I have to say that you are always on the go. Thats good though it will keep you young. The boys look nice in all of their snowboarding stuff. They will have to go again with uncle Mike soon. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow....never a dull day at your house!! The boys look awesome in their snowboarding stuff...that is something I have always wanted to do!! Gotta love all the basketball games!! looks like you guys had a GREAT christmas! Very cute christmas pics!! Enjoy your New Year's festivities!!! Talk to you soon....

Shayna said...

Cute pictures...the boys look awesome and ready to hit the slopes. Sad thing is... I cant figure out who is who with the googles! I wish I was a skier or snowboarder... it always looks fun, but I am not really that coordinated!
Way to go Jace with the championship!!!

Jessica said...

I agree - this break is going to be over soo soon. I thought Oh Man, what am I going to do for 2 weeks, and to think it will ALL be over and back to our regular schedules.
The boys look awesome in their snowboarding gear!
Have a great party and a Happy New Year to you too!