Saturday, February 28, 2009

I like to "Groove~it, Groove~it"...

yesterday we had another after school PTO activity for the kids at Hannah's school called "I Like To "Groove~It, Groove~It". We {not me, but a couple of cute girls from the high school} taught the kids some different line dances that they do at the high school and middle school during some of the school dances. The learned the...Conga, Chicken Dance, Macrarena, Cotton~Eyed Joe, Cha~Cha Slide, Soldier Boy{a new one that I didn't even attempt}! And let me tell ya...I had a lot of fun!! I especially loved the Cha~Cha Slide and Cotton~Eyed Joe! The kids did great and really got into it! And here's a short clip of the girls doing Cotton~Eyed Joe...
{pause my music player at the bottom first}
Well off to get my groove on and clean this house!! I kinda got a little spring cleaning fever goin' on! I'm going to focus on the kitchen today...pull out the fridge, clean and oil the cabinets, clean out the cabinets and fridge, mop and clean the floor, I can't wait for SPRING!! So thankful for...1) Saturday...no where to go so I'm not even gettin' ready for the day 2) have the kids here to help me, give Hal a scrubbie pad and a spot to clean and she's my best helper 3) that great feeling of having a really clean house when I go to bed tonight {even though I know it will only stay clean for a few hours}! Oh and I found this cute blog with this swimming robe you make out of towels. I think I'll try to attempt one for the girls...summer will be here before we know it ~ YEA!!

2 comments:

Shayna said...

I laugh that you got the spring cleaning fever going on... because SO DO I!!! I am so excited to get this house in order. I also had to laugh that you thought to start in the kitchen... that is where i started! I LOVE IT!!! We sure our, our grandma's granddaughters!!! FUN FUN FUN!!! Too bad i am not there... I can help you and then head over and help me. I am also doing the kitchen the cleaning to get out all the tempting food that is laying around. NO MORE!!! I am on a roll and I am doing good... I dont need anything tempting me when I am feeling down! POSITIVE THOUGHTS. That is what I am focusing on today!

Shayna said...

Here did you get the "EYE heart this guy???