Tuesday, March 24, 2009
A new "ride" and a new recipe...
well, ya all know how John's car gave up the ghost about a month ago, so we were in desperate need for a second car...our intentions was to replace John's car with another "run~around" car that he could just drive back and forth to the bus stop...well plans changed and we ended up with this...
What do ya think? I {we} am so lovin' it! It was in the paper and "just for fun" one night we went and looked at it and it was everything we wanted. So we made an offer and the rest is history! We still have our white Yukon so we have two SUV's ~ which I know is dorky, but John can drive that for a while, it's still a great car, we had just outgrown it as a family! We would have to shove all four kids in the middle seat and when one of those kids is 6'2 and the other is 5'6, and Hal still is a booster, it gets a little tight on room and everyone gets ornery with each other and it was just a big 'ole..."he's touchin' my leg", "move", Moooom", Daaaad", "move your big, long, legs", "I can't breathe" ~ that last remark would come from Hannah when all her other complaints were being ignored! So it's already been nice to go in the new Yukon...there's plenty of room for everyone to stretch out and most importantly for Hannah so she can breathe! Also tried a new recipe...Chinese! I made homemade egg rolls and fried rice. Jace loved 'em, Justin didn't even try them, Hal ate a half, and Han ate one! I stopped and grabbed some sweet and sour sauce from the local Chinese restaurant and it made for a pretty good dinner. I also tried a Snicker Doodle Brownie recipe bit they didn't turn out. They were still doughy in the middle and I don't know why! So I'll have to see what I did wrong and try 'em again! John said they were still good around the edges. Go here for the recipe... {not the Snicker Doodle one}! Two days into Spring Break and we're all still hangin' in there! The boys had ortho appointments yesterday and the girls had cleanings, and today the boys had cleanings. Justin was able to finally go golfin', Jace went and played basketball with friends, Hannah got a haircut, and we rented Beverly Hills Chihuahua but I think we'll watch it tomorrow...I'm tired! So thankful for...1) I won a give~ a~away, YEA, tell ya about it tomorrow 2) new recipes ~ even when they don't always turn out 3) got some new magazines to read so I'm off to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Chris - LOVE the new ride! A Denali too, those are sweet! I don't know what I would do without a SUV - I just love em'! Love the color and everything. How fun! Go ahead go for a drive or two!
I will take a couple egg rolls and a big helping of fried rice please - YUUUMM.O!
I am jealous that you won something - I never win anything. So good job can't wait to see what it is!
Fun new car!! The snicker doodle recipe sounds good...to bad it didn't run out. And I couldn't find the link for your egg rolls....I need to try something new!
Love the car! It is a very pretty car! Glad the egg rolls turned out they smelled yummy when I was there. You are a awesome cook.
Beautiful new ride! I also love the color. I couldn't find the link for the egg rolls either. I will check back.
Congrats on the new ride. Nothin' funner!
oh yeah Chris, all skinny and a new car your HOT!!!!
Post a Comment