Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Recipe and ramblings...
*I have tried for YEARS to make Lemon Bars! I gave up my quest about 7 years ago and vowed to never make them again! Well I broke that vow yesterday...and made Lemon Bars! They were great!! They were super easy and super fast! I found the recipe from a lady who's blog is private but she got the recipe here ~ Whimsy Love Blog. I'll also post it on our recipe blog. Go whip up a batch and try 'em for yourself! Have a few other fun finds to share...
* Check out Old Navy Weekly every Thursday ~ it's like their weekly add but you click on different parts of the add and they have hidden coupons...for example this past week I clicked on a little airplane in the background and up popped a 20% off coupon ~ so I used that to buy me a pair of jeans that were on sale for $19 and got 'em for $16 not too bad a deal. You just go and click all over the screen and you'll find hidden savings...like if you clicked on the mannequins purse they had a $75 off a $100 purchase ~ awesome deal if I may say ~ but those went fast. Click all over on every little thing and see what pops up! The deals only last or they only have so many before they are gone. So I hope that makes sense. Go check it out this Thursday!
* This is a fun website to check out for a good laugh called "Cake Wrecks". I know alot of you may have already heard of it but I just discovered it a few months ago and it's just funny. The idea is people send in photos of cakes that "professional" bakers made and how bad, ugly, mis-spelled and distasteful some of these cakes are! Then every Sunday they spotlight some really great cakes.
*Australia ~ the movie! Has anyone seen it? John and I went to bed to watch it and I had full intentions of just rolling over and falling asleep. But 2 minutes into it I was wide awake ~guess who fell asleep ~ John!! I loved it! I can't explain why I liked it ~ I think it might have been "Drover", a.k.a Hugh Jackman!! I so would go with him to the out back and be his "sheila" any day! It had a little humor, a little sadness, a little suspense, a little everything! So go rent it and see what ya think!
* And I want to give a shout out to my hairdresser, Lisa! She told me she reads this and she cut and colored my hair today ~ and did am awesomely fabulous job by the way ~ so I just wanted to give here a shout out..."Hey Lisa"! You know there are just some people that are really good at their jobs, they actually know what they're doing and they do it well. Lisa is that kinda person and when it comes to your hair ~ it's great to find someone like her!
So they ya go some fun finds! Off to put the kiddos to bed! Tomorrow is my busy day, I have like 4 things I need to be doing between 5:00 and 5:15 ~ kids and me needing to be all at different places and picked up and I don't know how to pull it off! Those are the times I need another me, {though John would so not agree, he can only {barely} handle one of me}! Have a great night! So thankful for...1) I found a Lemon Bar recipe 2) the kids are in bed, not asleep yet, but they are in bed 2) still doing the Wave. Having to use big soup cans for my weights, those are on my "to buy" list this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for all the fun sites to visit! Great buy at old navy...I want the $75 off $100 dollar purchase! Now that is a coupon!!! I think you are wonderful!!! I love reading your blog. Thanks for being you, I think that is why I just love you so much. I have to tell you I ordered the Wave...so I hope I love it. I hope that I will find something that I will stick with!
Chris, I too just love you!
Those lemon bars sound pretty yummy - even at 8:45 in the morning! Are they real "lemony"? Do you know what I mean - because I just love a suttle lemon taste. But they do sound yummy! Thanks for the ideas!
I could use a day on the mop I call hair. I agree, I love it when someone does it just the way you were thinkin'!
AND, I wanna watch that movie. I think Bran and I need to have a movie night since the men are gone!
I love lemon bars! Can't wait to try this recipe! I love cake wrecks too. I read it and giggle to myself and Chris always thinks i'm weird. Where is the pic of you and your new cut and color?? Good luck with your busy day!
Your so kind! I really do love cutting and coloring hair. I really love lemon bars too???? Hint, hint.
Post a Comment