Monday, April 13, 2009
Bunnies and Birthdays...
we had a great weekend! Started off with dyeing some eggs Friday night...




Then headed to the Easter Egg hunt in Shelley Saturday morning {Jace had Cal-Ripken try-outs and Justin was stalking the Easter bunny for the Golden egg clues they give out right after the hunt...which we didn't find cause the one clue was super hard and made no sense to us}! Hannah and Tanner went together and I went with Halle and we patiently waited for the siren while planning her egg gathering "strategy"...
Then we crawled into bed and awaited the Easter Bunny! And he hopped on in and left us some goodies...



The girls got new dresses and the boys got new ties. I wanted a family picture but Justin had to leave to get to church early and Jace went with him and of course I was runnin' late! So at least I got the girls...
Church was nice, heard some nice talks, and after Jace had his birthday/priesthood interview! He turns 12 Friday and is excited to be out of primary and on to being a deacon, passing the sacrament, collecting fast offerings, and going to mutual with his brother. It works out great cause he will be able to go and do baptisms for the dead next Tuesday! Here I am with my handsome son...
Right after his interview we headed over to mom and dad's for Easter dinner and another egg hunt. Dinner was great...ham, baked potatoes, heavenly potatoes, corn, rolls, jello, green salad, veggie tray, and of course deviled eggs {my favorite that my Grandma Fillmore makes...they are sooo good}!! We then sent the kids on a little walk ~ the weather was beautiful ~ and would you beleive at the same time, the Easter Bunny came and left a few surprises...{but first Steph had to use the "pooper scooper" and clean up a few of Gidget's surpries, way to go Steph!}...









Here's my Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore {my mom's parents} and my Grandma and Grandpa Carter{my dad's parents}...love them so much!
And my parents...{doesn't mom look great!! She's lost about 60 lbs. and actually was happy to pose for a picture! Way to go mom!!} Love you guys...


We were missin' John cause he was at work, but the Easter Bunny left him a little surprise in his car that morning! After the egg hunt we went in and celebrated some birthdays...Dad turned 57 on Sunday, Tanner who will turn 10 on Tuesday, Jace who will turn 12 on Friday, and my Great~Great~Grandma who will turn 97 at the end of the month!



So we had a great day! And someone told us another great SURPRISE but I have to wait to share till they share...which I wish they would hurry cause it's so exciting!! So thankful for...1) Easter fun 2) getting together with my family...they are the best 3) my Savior and I was tagged by my sweet niece, but I'll save that for tomorrow since this post was sooo long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your girls look so beautiful in their new Easter dresses! How cute! And I think the picture of you and Jace is too cute - I LOVE your dress too!
That Easter Bunny was sure a cool dude at your house - with all the Easter Egg hunts and stuff!
LOVE the picture of you with your kiddos, but I especially LOVE Justin's PINK SHOES!!! He is so stinkin' tall!
SO many celebrations going on at your house - HOW FUN!
I wanna hear the exciting news too!
What a fun day! Somehow I missed getting Easter clothes for my kids. Sounds like you had a great Easter! Very exciting news!!
It looks like the Easter Bunny hopped to your house! The dresses are so pretty...cutest girls ever. I also like your hair...when did you cut it? You guys all look amazing...the willpower!
looks like you guys had a GREAT Easter!! It makes me remember all the fun Easters we had at Grandma and Grandpas...we all had to wait downstairs in the basement while the easter bunny came!! And we each got our Golden Egg!! Miss those days!! Chris...you look AWESOME!! Seriously...you are beautiful!! Way to go!! I love the girls easter dresses...too cute! glad you guys had a good easter!! I wanna know the exciting news too!! :) love ya!
Post a Comment