It's only been like 4 days since I posted but we've had a lot goin' on ~ nothin' "earth shaking or news making" ~ but just what we do everyday! Sunday was a great day...John fixed a yummy breakfast and then we all settled down with our pillows and blankets to watch conference which was great, uplifting, and inspiring! After the afternoon session we went for a walk and ended up at Steph and Mike's to celebrate this little guys birthday...
My nephew Carson turned 7!! His birthday is actually today...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARSON!!
While we were all hangin' out and visiting, John was just leaning on the edge of Steph's dining room table, Jace was sitting on the same edge, and Justin came along and sat on the edge like John was and all of a sudden..."BAM", the legs on the table just snapped! John dropped his glass, glass and ice went everywhere, and as the table fell it landed on his calf! Everyone got real quite till we figured out what had happened then was like "Whoa", "oh my goodness", and I was like "Holy S#*@" {yes I swear...not proud of it, trying to quit, but every once in a while a shit, damn, hell, or ass slip out...and get this, Halle has been callin' her brothers a "jackass", where'd she get that from ya ask, well not me...try Pinnochio...how do ya handle that one?}! And of course I wanted to "BLOG" about it! Justin was like noooo, I don't want everyone to think I'm a fatty! HELLO son? I don't think the table legs were built to hold like 500 pounds!!
Steph was havin' the men "just haul it right outside" but Mike was like "we can fix that"! Steph was hopin' to get a new table outta the deal, but we took it over to dad's shop and he has them glued and we'll see if we can fix it! Sorry guys!! Monday Justin had his basketball banquet! So proud of that kid! They had a nice dinner! And again didn't take the camera...Justin told us it started at 7:00, but at 6:20 he's like "the banquet starts at 6:30, we gotta go!" And I still had to get Jace from baseball, take him and his friends home! So we were rushed, I got frazzled, but we weren't late! Monday came and went without to much excitement! Tuesday Steh brought some baby chicks to my mom's pre~school to show the kids...they were so cute and fuzzy...
Halle had her kindergarten screening also. She did great! She didn't pass her eye test and I asked her if she could see them and didn't know what they were or if they were blurry...she said she could see the big pictures but the other ones were too small! So they'll re-test her in September or so! Made me so sad to see her going from station to station...I remember when I did that for Justin and now my baby is going to kindergarten...
I want another baby!!! But that'll never happen...as John says "the baby factory is gone and all that's left is the playpen" ~ yea I have a clever hubby who's full of smart a@# saying like that ~ lucky me! Gearin' up for Easter weekend! John has to work {sad} and we are celebrating Easter, Dad's, Tanner's, and Jace's birthday Sunday also! So it should be quite a good time ~ just have lots to get done here in the next few days, I still have to finish FHE kits that were supposed to be done a week ago, get the girls ready for dance picture tomorrow, and everything else in between!! I was helpin' Hannah at play practice and John let Hal fall asleep, a big NO NO or else she doesn't go to bed ~ he knows this and yet here we are...
I asked why he didn't wake her up and he said he tried...YEA RIGHT! But my Dorito eatin' little lady who loves to dress herself {40 times a day} looked so peaceful I had to snap a pic!! Then I had to wake her up ~ I think John makes me the meany on purpose sometimes... but just mention "Build~A~Bear and computer" and her was wide awake!! So thankful for...1) conference and the great words that were spoken, can't wait to get the Ensign and read them all over again 2) it didn't rain today even though they said it would ~ just washed the car yesterday 3) it's 7:06 p.m. and I can go to bed in 2 more hours ~ well more like 4 now since John let Halle nap!
3 comments:
Oh NO - I can't believe that about the table - so sorry Steph! I can't believe you couldn't get a new table out of the deal - dang!!
I don't remember when I went to my kindergarten screening, but my mom always reminds me that the moment they took me away from my mom I went nuts! I was throwing pencils, kicking the ladies, throwing chairs, and screaming! They eventually took me back to my mom and well.... if I did the same thing the next day then I would not have the chance to go to kindergarten! Good thing I went back the next day and passed with flying colors. I don't believe a word she said!!!
That is funny that Hal is sleeping my Deeg is sleeping too, but I ain't touchin him - he is ONERY!!!
Have so much fun on Sunday with all the parties - I LOVE birthdays!!
Isn't it crazy how busy life can get but how used to it we can get! So SORRY about Stephs table...I totally agree with her that she should get a new one out of the deal! That is when(and the only time) I wish that I didn't have a fixer-up-everything husband!
I totally remember (or think I remember) those nasty screaning! I hated the hearing test...I don't know why! Sorry your baby is growing up so fast! She is adorable and you always have her looking so cute. I love all the fun hairdoes. I am still laughing at Johns comment about having a baby..."the baby factory is gone and all tha's left is the playpen"...what a smart ass, but that is so hillarious! Jason will get a kick out of that one.
Good luck with all the parties and have fun!!!
Chris, I remember when my last little one started school. It really stinks, but it will only take you about 1 week to adjust....then you will love that 2 or 3 hour break you have without any kiddos hanging on your knees. Just wait and see. You will get things done, done, done, in that amount of time. Shan told me about the table incident....Sorry Steph...hope you get that new table you want!
Post a Comment